Each version of Steel Beasts Pro PE that is released comes with a Release Notes document that contains information on installation, changes, updates, fixes and other information pertinent to the version being released. Depending on the update, the Release Notes can be found in the "docs" directory (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\docs\Installation README\) or may need to be downloaded from the eSim Games website.
Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0 Release History
This was the first publicly released version of Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0. It was released on 18 September, 2013. It introduced a large number of changes and updates. Highlights include approximately 19 new playable weapon systems, 12 expanded playable weapon systems, and 30 new non-playable weapon systems. Some of the other new key features include:
- Time-limited licensing - Less expensive licensing option that can be purchased in increments of 1 month, 4 months, or 1 year.
- Operations - linking a series of scenarios into a campaign.
- Save mission in progress - Single player, Multiplayer - doesn't matter. Save whenever you feel like it.
- Join multiplayer sessions in progress - If the host pauses the session and invites other players
- Scripted mount/dismount command
- Any infantry unit may mount any vehicles
- Weather control - Dynamic changes of visibility, air temperature, barometric pressure, crosswind speed and direction; more in preparation (but not in 3.0)
- Nation-specific camouflage options
- Multiple parties - Up to 12 "sides" per scenario, instead of just the previous two (red/blue).
- Parties may change allegiance towards you (or other parties) during a mission
- Non-combatants, and irregular fighters
- About 90 western-looking civilians, and 20 Afghan characters
- Super-easy scripting for the creation of directed and random traffic, both pedestrians and cars
- Four new or updated maps - Hannover-Weserbergland, Kouvola, Paderborn, Pakhajärvi
- Functional artillery in 3D battlespace with realistic limitations in cadence, range, available trajectories
- In high realism, artillery strikes will no longer be shown on the map screen. At all. You can still order a strike from the map view, but you'll have to memorize where it'll land (and when), and there's no feedback about the actual location. This strongly favors observed fire.
View the full Version 3.002 Release Notes.
This is the current release version of SB Pro PE. It was released on 02 March, 2014. It is available both as an upgrade to a previously install 3.002 installation, or as a new installation from scratch. Either can be downloaded from the downloads page at the eSim Games website.
Highlights of this update include increased speed of mission file distribution for multiplayer games, 3D engine enhancements, and a large number of bug fixes.
View the full Version 3.011 Release Notes.
This was the first of several open-beta versions of SB Pro PE. It was released on 23 March, 2014. Since it has been superseded, it is no longer available for download, and all CodeMeter licenses for this version have expired, with no new licenses being made available. The purpose of this update, and of the open-beta program in general, is to test the new network stack that has been developed for SB Pro PE since the deprecation of the DirectPlay programming interface from Microsoft.
View the full Version 3.012 Release Notes.
The main purpose of this open-beta program update was to further update the new network stack for SB Pro PE. It was released on 18 April, 2014. Since it has been superseded, it is no longer available for download, and all CodeMeter licenses for this version have expired, with no new licenses being made available.
View the full Version 3.014 Release Notes.
The main purpose of this open-beta program update was to further update the new network stack for SB Pro PE. It was released on 01 May, 2014. Since it has been superseded, it is no longer available for download, and all CodeMeter licenses for this version have expired, with no new licenses being made available. It also included a modification to scale the enemy AI gunnery rating based on the Difficulty level setting in Main Menu->Options.
View the full Version 3.017 Release Notes.
Version 3.019 is the current open-beta version of SB Pro PE. It was released on 26 June, 2014. It improves on the new network code introduced in version 3.012 and is the first 64-bit version of SB Pro PE. This update was provided in an executable-only format and has a time-limited license that must be specifically requested through eSim Games (use this link to send an e-mail to Ssnake via the SB.com forums). This beta version of SB Pro PE can be downloaded at the link provided at the top of the release notes. Version 3.019 is currently required in order to play in the weekly TGIF multiplayer game.
View the full Version 3.019 Release Notes.