• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Women > Helen (of Troy) YEA BABY

Helen>Puppet (Helen the Puppet of Gods)

Maybe in acouple of months I will remove a piece of my signature !!!! :P

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Butter > Scotch

Why is the slice of bread with spread peanut butter always falling on the wrong side?

damn, out of bread or I would run a few experiments and come up with some numbers... but anyway:

As bread falls, it rotates (due to air resistance, the angle at which it began to fall, forces inacted on it as it began to fall, and a varied weight distribution). After it has rotated 90 degrees with respect to the floor, it will land on its side (the crust) and generally continue rotating and thus land upside down (assuming to start the fall "right side up").

For the bread to come all the way around and land right side up again, would require it to rotate 270 degrees with respect to the floor. My guess, from personal experience, although not from measured experiments, is that it takes 18 to 24 inches of drop to rotate the first 90 degrees, and a much longer drop to rotate a full 270 degrees, like on the order of 6 or more feet. And since most bread slices are dropped from counter or waist height of around 4 feet, they end up in 90-270 degree window and thus "upside down".

Of course, there are a lot of variables and considerations to take into account, such as is the bread toasted, how it was dropped, and others.

In summary, you can reduce the chances of bread landing upside down by keeping it lower to the floor.