2016 payware upgrade?

Stratos

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe. Maybe 3.5. Why would this matter to you?

It's just a number. I don't believe in version number inflation just for the sake of a cheap marketing effect.

I would think this question only comes from a curiosity about how eSim views the update internally. As in, how large a step is this next update in overall scope. If eSim says 4.0 vs. 3.5, it implies a larger step when taking into consideration previous iterations. So...just a 'glimpse' into the internal dialog at eSim and general sense of scope as perceived behind the scenes. Otherwise of course the number itself has no meaning beyond whatever eSim attaches to it. I assume it doesn't actually matter to anyone, per se.

This thread can hardly contain its own excitement, especially given eSim's excellent track record (get it? get it?) for pragmatic, low-fanfare, no-nonsense, highest-quality deliveries.

I know this isn't a feature request thread, but I am hoping for enhanced physics with the vehicles, occupants (player view camera inertia), and tracks/terrain interaction. Movement still feels a bit sterile to me compared to something like SABoW or even original Steel Beasts.

Patiently awaiting the next masterpiece. :)

• Members
I would think this question only comes from a curiosity about how eSim views the update internally. As in, how large a step is this next update in overall scope. If eSim says 4.0 vs. 3.5, it implies a larger step when taking into consideration previous iterations.

In the end, it's an internal counter in the compiler. However, we decided to call it 4.0. This is however also a reflection of a substantial change in our overall development where we no longer have a single, linear code development but actually several branches which all receive a digit of their own (so we had 3.1 and 3.2 for our .mil customers, which are now "legacy" versions already that only receive bug fixes but no additional features, the current main branch is 3.3, and a 3.4 branch is "in the making"; we might have managed to merge all this into a 3.5 version, but maybe not, so we shall call the next PE release 4.0).

The changes are substantial, make no mistake, but hopefully the more important changes will get unnoticed by you (we had to replace a number of code parts with new ones that do essentially the same initially, but which offer "growth potential" in the future).

What about HEAT?

...ok, ok...I shut up ;-)

SB currently only supports main gun coax and missile. changing this is a huge undertaking,

with potential for a lot of unintended bugs popping up, since you're required to rip apart the vehicle AI code along with the main gun code.

SB currently only supports main gun coax and missile. changing this is a huge undertaking,

with potential for a lot of unintended bugs popping up, since you're required to rip apart the vehicle AI code along with the main gun code.

ok,was just wondering if the 100mm was gonna be working,Or the Fennak mast peri.Btw do you have your website up still w/ all the models to see?

Can you specify different reload times for different ammo types?

Make it so that the BMP3 can use a certain ammo type that is programmed to reload very slowly to mimic the 100mm?

Alternatively, since it's an AI unit, assign the .30 cal COAX as a TC weapon?

• Members

It's utterly pointless trying to discuss specific methods to address the issue at hand. This isn't a topic for this forum, neither I nor dejawolf are the programmers, nor does anyone in this thread actually have a full overview of the situation. And I am utterly disinclined to describe the full situation at length.

All that needs to be said about the question, has been. The team will look into the matter, and circumstances permitting, will address it. Once that it has been fixed, we shall announce it - whether that's going to be a special news bulletin or a line in the release notes, we shall see.

Oh how i love update season, and watching the forums set a light with whats if's and heres how you do x y and z, and the never ending questions of is it ready yet, and watching ssnakes fuse slowly burning down like a patient mother trying to control a 3 year old after being fed a bag of sugar with a side dish of sugar, and a big tall glass of sugar, And it's why i love you guys it always put a smile on my face anyways i am going to crawl back under my rock someone throw a stick at me when it's released please

cheers all

DS

It's utterly pointless trying to discuss specific methods to address the issue at hand. This isn't a topic for this forum, neither I nor dejawolf are the programmers, nor does anyone in this thread actually have a full overview of the situation. And I am utterly disinclined to describe the full situation at length.

All that needs to be said about the question, has been. The team will look into the matter, and circumstances permitting, will address it. Once that it has been fixed, we shall announce it - whether that's going to be a special news bulletin or a line in the release notes, we shall see.

:clap:

:thumbup:

Oh how i love update season, and watching the forums set a light with whats if's and heres how you do x y and z, and the never ending questions of is it ready yet, and watching ssnakes fuse slowly burning down like a patient mother trying to control a 3 year old after being fed a bag of sugar with a side dish of sugar, and a big tall glass of sugar, And it's why i love you guys it always put a smile on my face anyways i am going to crawl back under my rock someone throw a stick at me when it's released please

cheers all

DS

LoL