UK Amour Sunday 13 Dec 2015

Tjay

this week the plan is to conduct an operational training exercise developed by Major Duck and Swordsmandk.

Assembly time 19:00. Start time 19:30 sharp. Please turn up on time so that the session does not go on too late for those in the GMT+1/+2 time zones who have to work the following day.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20151213T1900

A bit more info. 8 persons present: Swordsmandk, MajorDuck, DrHat, Xboxtrollen, King Tiger, Grenny, Hedgehog and myself.

Basically, we had 1 CR2 tank platoon plus 1 CV90/35 Mech Inf platoon to destroy/displace enemy forces from Obj1, re-arm, reform and then move out to repeat at Obj2.

Official AAR can be found here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37947215/Tr%C3%A6nningsbaneCV9035%2BChallenger_121315GAMES_12000.rar

Worth a look because it shows KT's decision not to spread this small force across a wide front but to advance with the tanks and PCs in a mutually supportive formation over just the southern half of the lane, about 1.5km wide. This allowed the tanks to cover the open ground and the PCs to advance in the more wooded areas. Cooperation between the tanks and PCs was very well coordinated and the two assaults were superbly timed.

This was the first MP airing of the scenario and only two minor bugs were discovered, one regarding the failure of a scripted trigger event and some problems with the C/S template. Once these minor issues have been resolved I expect Swordsmandk will put it in the downloads area where I think it will prove very popular, especially as variability of enemy response to Blue actions is built in - making it 'repeat playable'.

For next week there is talk of a pure Mech Inf scenario with CV90/40s, so those planning to attend may wish to swat up on that vehicle.

For next week there is talk of a pure Mech Inf scenario with CV90/40s, so those planning to attend may wish to swat up on that vehicle.

I have been thinking about that, let postpone that mission for a later date. With the new guys around we better focus on what we did last sunday, my scenario is "to big" for us right now. It is better they learn to walk before they have to run an gauntlet :)

/KT

I have been thinking about that, let postpone that mission for a later date. With the new guys around we better focus on what we did last sunday, my scenario is "to big" for us right now. It is better they learn to walk before they have to run an gauntlet :)

/KT

I will play what comes up but agree on this. A multiple tank platoon (or squadron) will most likely be best way to learn for them. Then ifv and stuff later.

Maybe we can scavenge some of the good old scenarios until new ones is made.

With the numbers we have atm we can man multiple platoons. Awesome.

You guys rock

If KT og hedge have some old scenarios with which it is not to complicated and can be downsized to 2-4 platoons (aka Squadron size) that would give us something to play while sword, xbox and others make new ones specifically for our size

PS the new TS server is up and running curtesy of DR Hat

its teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077

Both Hat, sword and Me have rights on it and we have set it up and tested it

If people want to prepare here is a link for what to do

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16welDGmJbTUN8zMI7w1a2CJwFqmCMfF0dKDmVFS-ik4/edit?usp=sharing

By the way i agree with both KT and Sword but i am game for anything :smilelove-1:

Hi,

Not trying to create unrest, just ask a question.

Why the need for your own TS server?

Is it for redundancy or similar?

I personally think the strength of the current common point is that everyone knows it as a central point of contact.

There are already issues with say LNoT where many people forget they need to go to a different TS server.

I guess though if you need the ability to create special sub channels or configs, then it makes sense.

Perhaps if you need to change the config, maybe Sean, etc. can be persuaded to implement whatever you are after?

I suspect though that re-instating the dedicated VU channels maybe unlikely (at least in the short term).

I'm just wary of a multitude of individual TS servers popping up and people then going to "theirs" by default instead of the broader common one.

As I say, just a question.

Edited by Gibsonm
Added the part about talking to Sean.

Hi,

Not trying to create unrest, just ask a question.

Why the need for your own TS server?

Is it for redundancy or similar?

I personally think the strength of the current common point is that everyone knows it as a central point of contact.

There are already issues with say LNoT where many people forget they need to go to a different TS server.

I guess though if you need the ability to create special sub channels or configs, then it makes sense.

Perhaps if you need to change the config, maybe Sean, etc. can be persuaded to implement whatever you are after?

I suspect though that re-instating the dedicated VU chaneels maybe unlikely (at least in the short term).

I'm just wary of a multitude of individual TS servers popping up and people then going to "theirs" by default instead of the broader common one.

As I say, just a question.

Hi Mark

Good questions

The main issue is that we diddent have the rights to do what we wanted and we will still meet up at the same place and then move over leaving 1 of us still on that one to guide people over where we are.

We needed to have admin rights to make the setup we wanted and we couldn't find anybody to even make us members so we had a TS server and are going to use it

This way we can do what we want and still meet up where we all ways do

I hope this have eased some of your worries

Best regards

Major Duck

...we will still meet up at the same place and then move over leaving 1 of us still on that one to guide people over where we are.

Major Duck

IMHO, the drawbacks to this is that the 'messenger' would get left out of the 'pre-scenario' conversation on our main server and that someone would have to go back to the SB server to 'collect' him just prior to mission start. But we can discuss that this coming Sunday.

IMHO, the drawbacks to this is that the 'messenger' would get left out of the 'pre-scenario' conversation on our main server and that someone would have to go back to the SB server to 'collect' him just prior to mission start. But we can discuss that this coming Sunday.

Nope have faith grashopper remember you can have 2 tabs open ;-) :wink2:

/KT

Roger. I think with the numbers we are getting at present and the overall level of competency, your Demolition Delay scenario would be doable if newer members were put under the wing of more experienced individuals. What say you?

If I may lend my voice to this, albeit a fairly unknown one, I would say: Have faith in this effort - as much as I understand that change is regarded with suspicion, a worry that is only human, I can tell you that there is nothing to worry about. We have already gone through a fair few steps to setup this TS up properly, create the proper channels, the proper rights, the proper guides, links to material, due credit to this website (by referencing it in the channel and on TS in general) and have a very good idea of how to handle this.

Major Duck and swordsmandk are exceptionally talented individuals in managing large amounts of people and are, as it were, proper "go getters". I have no doubt you will enjoy what has been done. Even I was inspired to create my own personalised scripted profile for my g19 keyboard, using LUA script. If it works well in the future and I get it expanded properly, I could share it with people that are interested.

In short Tjay, I have every confidence that at the end of the next session - hopefully hosted on this new TS, you will be pleased, if not excited :-)

One thing we have to be aware of is that whatever Command and Control system we decide to adopt within UKA, when we join multiplayer events such as Rolling Thunder, LNOT, Cold War Battles, etc we will be obliged to use whatever system is in use for that event. So we need to remain flexible and able to adapt to other protocols.