Basic Teamspeak Query

Tango29

I'm trying to sort out the "Channel Commander" methodology in TS.

First thing I checked was that I have the most up-to-date version of TS. Yes, I have. Next, off to the Wiki to call up what I understand to be the technique of setting up of the CC system on TS. Found it in the TS page under "Multi-Channel Battle Nets." Action to be taken is, "You make yourself channel commander by selecting this option through the "self" menu." And this is where the stuff hits the fan: when I call up my "Self" menu, it doesn't look anything like the one in the Wiki, and it certainly doesn't have the "CC" option available to access.

Perhaps the "CC" technique is only set up during multiplayer scenarios. Or possibly the Wiki directions have been superseded by the most recent TS upgrade. Not sure. All I do know is that what I see in the Wiki is not mirrored on my current TS "Self" menu. Accordingly, any hints, tips and/or information will be most happily received. TIA! :bigsmile:

Hi tango

here is a link of the crazy danes setup guide made by me last week

https://goo.gl/hvNVRA

People have to be members it don't work as a guest

I can point you to DRHat he have just setup the one the uk armour is using at the moment

You need one with admin rights for the server or for a specific area of the server but again i recommend DrHat

I you want more then 2 channels there are multiple ways of doing it

I will give you some examples:

I you want a fire support channel with only limited access aka only company commanders being able to call air/arty/Mortars then use normal whisperlist

If you have new people or people that speak a different language you can use more then one TAB meaning you have multiple clients open / another way of doing that is using group call on skype without a push botten that is what we crazy danes do

If you want a BTN command net see above or use global channelcommand

These examples have allready given you 5 channels if you need more (its prolly to complex) ;-) or you can make more like above

One very big advantage of this is that if new people come in they only need to follow the setup guide and jump to the right channels and start being channel commander

There are no need for complex whisper list which everybody don't update etc...

and if everybody want to listen to the commanders they can do that just by activationg channel command and not using their channel command button so every body can learn how to be a boss man

Best regards

Major Duck

KT, it looks much like yours except that there is no Channel Commander button.

From Major Duck: this might be the key: "People have to be members it doesn't work as a guest. I can point you to DRHat he have just setup the one the uk armour is using at the moment. You need one with admin rights for the server or for a specific area of the server but again i recommend DrHat."

I've never seen anything about being a "member." I've just dialed up SB, accessed TS and played the scenario. Evidently there is something here that I've never heard of, and therefore never actioned. I'll probably have to set up a time and date to meet someone on TS to talk me through the routine. However, I'll wait until after Christmas as I'm sure that there are many higher priorities than my command channel. I'll make this one of my New Year's Resolutions! :)

Thanks for your answers and help. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you both!

To be made a member you need a server admin.

On the SB.com server there are 3: V, Sean and Homer. (V I know is an admin, the others, I think)

They all live in the states.

I've only seen V a handful of times.

Which is probably why UKA have migrated to a dutch TS, because the admin team live in Europe you can actually get hold of one at a reasonable time.

On the SB.com server there are 3: V, Sean and Homer. (V I know is an admin, the others, I think)

Which is probably why UKA have migrated to a dutch TS, because the admin team live in Europe you can actually get hold of one at a reasonable time.

Thanks, Hedge. I appreciate your input. The situation becomes clearer to me!

Merry Christmas!

Hi Tango29

Why not join the next UKA session at 19:00Z this coming Sunday? I much enjoyed having you along a few weeks ago. Since then things have improved a lot.

Meet on the normal SB TS server and after a painful initiation ceremony you will be granted the secrets of DrHat's TS server and become an honorary member of what is rapidly becoming the Crazy Danes V.U. Good company and professional game play guaranteed.

Hope you can make it.

Hello, Tjay!

I hope that Christmas was first rate for you and yours! Many thanks for the invitation: it is very much appreciated. If I can attend I will, but we have our son and his new wife home for the Christmas holidays and the "activity list" is fairly well filled. She is a wonderful person and we very much enjoy meeting her. If I can make the session I will. All the best for 2016, mate! :bigsmile:

Hello, Tjay!

I hope that Christmas was first rate for you and yours! Many thanks for the invitation: it is very much appreciated. If I can attend I will, but we have our son and his new wife home for the Christmas holidays and the "activity list" is fairly well filled. She is a wonderful person and we very much enjoy meeting her. If I can make the session I will. All the best for 2016, mate! :bigsmile:

Or you can just pop in any Sunday where Tjay have announced a meeting which right now is every Sunday

or pop me or Dr. Hat a pm with a suggested meeting time as long as its in the evening GMT +1) say 1800- 2300

Have a happy New year and i hope you had a wonderful X-mas

Or you can just pop in any Sunday where Tjay have announced a meeting which right now is every Sunday

or pop me or Dr. Hat a pm with a suggested meeting time as long as its in the evening GMT +1) say 1800- 2300

Have a happy New year and i hope you had a wonderful X-mas

Many thanks! :)

I suspect they maybe trying to have some holidays at present. :)

I think a request in the support area (to be made a member of the SB TS server) or a PM would gain a positive response in short order.

I don't they added enough options since the last time I used TS... :-?

Apparently you do not have to be logged in. I looked at the permissions for "Tango29" and it's set as normal (non-guest) with the options configured just like everyone else.

@Major Duck

I changed your permissions to a normal user. Do you also have the channel commander option disabled?

Se pm and thanks for taken the time but to do what we need we need admin rights so thanks for the time

and i have channel commander options now but my problem are all the other guys that we play with and setting up channels otherwise the channel commander dossent make much sense

So we will just keep using our own server its only Gibson that see that as a problem (we meet new players here and are here (SB ts server) with 3 clients during our hole training) so anybody can show up and participate anytime and be redirected to our server

• Moderators

All you guys have to do is PM Sean or myself and we can register you with the TS Server. The trick is though, you and one of us have to be online at the same time to do it. Also consider that it was a holiday weekend for most people. ;)

When you log back on TS, if I see you then I will register you - problem solved. :)

The problem with adjusting people's status while they are not logged in is that the list doesn't always seem to be complete. If someone logs in with the same user name but on multiple machines the. You get the problem where a user appears to be registered but on their end they are not.

Another issue is that once you are registered you have to log in as the same user name or, if I am not mistaken, you have to be registered with the server again.

In Teamspeak select the Settings->Identities menu item which will open the identity controls. There you will find, among other functions, Import and Export buttons. If you wish to keep the permissions granted on various TS servers when moving between computers, use the Export function to make a text file copy of the selected TS identity which you can then import into TS on other computers.

In Teamspeak select the Settings->Identities menu item which will open the identity controls. There you will find, among other functions, Import and Export buttons. If you wish to keep the permissions granted on various TS servers when moving between computers, use the Export function to make a text file copy of the selected TS identity which you can then import into TS on other computers.

Aha!

Done.

Another issue is that once you are registered you have to log in as the same user name or, if I am not mistaken, you have to be registered with the server again.

Right click on the group in permissions, generate a privilege key, and send it to him. No need to be online together.

• Moderators
Right click on the group in permissions, generate a privilege key, and send it to him. No need to be online together.

Well, I do admit that I haven't used privileged keys that much, mainly because it confuses the user wanting the permission more than anyone (you take your key, the text string, go to this, paste it there...). :redface:

My TS expertise revolves around setting up permissions in the god awful permission system they keep complete changing in every version. :mad3:

So can we put this latest emergency to rest? Everyone good?