Klietz, DE map

DarkAngel

That´s a Nice "Little" Christmas Gift. Thank´s a lot!

It needs a little bit of rework, but I think its made after Christmas.

Aaaaaah Christmas 2017 ;-)

This Projekt is much more easier to update, because Towns and Streets are in the right Place and the Landmarks are correct: I Love it.

Klietz and the Gefechts Ãœbungszentrum Altmark (CMTC) is a very interesting Area.

I´ll keep you updated!

Aaaaaah Christmas 2017 ;-)

This Projekt is much more easier to update, because Towns and Streets are in the right Place and the Landmarks are correct: I Love it.

Yes, nice map, Dark Angel. I agree with Eisen' that having a lot of the groundwork already in place will save a ton of time for further editing. Laying down roads accurately being one of the more consuming processes from my experience.

Here's another example (pic taken from Klietz3.ter):

attachment.php?attachmentid=14448&stc=1&d=1450729354

A nicely rounded road like this will take me more than a few minutes to complete, and I'm seeing plenty of them around Fulda.

Good luck with it, Eisen. At least it won't take you until Xmas 2027 to complete! :clin:

round.jpg.44f4c7ba56c310175890bb1a887f89

round.jpg.44f4c7ba56c310175890bb1a887f89

Yes, nice map, Dark Angel. I agree with Eisen' that having a lot of the groundwork already in place will save a ton of time for further editing. Laying down roads accurately being one of the more consuming processes from my experience.

The main advantage these days is that I've cut the data preparation overheads enormously. What used to take me 4-6 weeks is now about 3 hours of work. Plus a couple for preparing the building data. The buildings are not exactly "right" but at least there is one where the data says there is. I think of it like priming for painting. The map is now primed and Mr Eisen can concentrate his efforts on the finished paintwork!!.

Aaaaaah Christmas 2017 :wink:

Klietz and the Gefechts Ãœbungszentrum Altmark (CMTC) is a very interesting Area.

I´ll keep you updated!

You're welcome, Enjoy!!.

Oh and of course I should mention data availability. OSM has made some excellent data available to everyone. I wish WorldDEM would take a leaf out of the OSM book then we could have good 10m height data available for the whole world. At $90k for an 80x80 km map area its not going to happen soon though.