UK Armour Sunday 3 Jan 2016

Kingtiger

Usual time and place.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160103T19&p1=136&ah=2

We will be using the Danish Teamspeak as we need a bunch of channels and channels commanders for this mission.

Danish Teamspeak details are:

teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077

No password or anything, just put that in the adress box and connect.

Mission is Zipuli's "Platoon drill advanced Leo2A5" that I have modified so we have 4 Leo2A5DK and 2 CV9035DK.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7391179/Upd_Platoon%20Drill%20%28advanced%20-%20Leo2A5%29.sce

/KT

Edited by Kingtiger

Initially on the SB server and then transferring to our own server for the session.

/KT

We won't be able to do that. Volcano advised Major Duck on this subject on 28/12 as follows:

Basically, as long as you do not sit in the SB.com to redirect people to another TS server then you are OK, or else someone doing that will be banned for some time.

The idea is that the redirecting should occur outside of TS, such as in PMs through the the forum.

So we need to post the I.P of our TS server here so that people can come to that directly.

Personally, I think this is crazy as it means UKA will not be visible on the SB TS server prior to mission start, so 'passing traffic' will be unaware of the session and not able to ask to join in. But I'm sure there must be a reason. Somewhere.

KT and Swordsman,

Did you get my PMs re Skype?

I think KT is on his way to Ireland with a friend to get drunk and celebrate New year over there so you prolly wont here from him before after the 4th of Jan

and Swordsmandk are at work but if you write in rouqe one he will prolly see it if urgent othervise he will be on tonight

Excellent work MD :luxhello:

Old Danish guys are great, but is there any chance of you recruiting some young Danish women? :wink2:

I think they are more interested in other things my Daughter and Daughter in Law are anyway they think im crazy and they would be right

But happy New year and keep dreaming :bigsmile:

CU on the other side

I will. :bigsmile:

And for those who have had a look at this Sunday's mission and are thinking 'Hmm, there are only six vehicles and it looks as if we will have at least 8 players', I have taken the liberty of producing a larger version by adding two more CV90-35DKs and an echelon conisting of an ammo truck, a recovery vehicle and an ambulance. I will of course seek KT's approval for this as it's basically his mission.

It's zipulis mission,

Not mine. My plan is vc+gunner

On tanks and cv as possible.

Happy new year btw, 10mins left here

Hi KT, hope you had a good New Year's eve bash.

I would prefer to go with one person per vehicle at least for our first go at this mission. Once we have drawn up some multi-crew comms SOPs and done some multi-crew practice, we could do it again that way.

Back in 2013, UKA got quite involved in multi-crewing and we found that proper cooperation of VC and gunner required practice - particularly as to the drills if the gunner spots a target first, or the VC does via his peri. Most important was that the VC should make it quite clear when he has released control of the gun back to the gunner after he has laid it onto a target. SOPs are important so that any player can team up with any other player as commander or gunner and know exactly what to expect. Butwe can speak of this more on Sunday.