Something to increase realism

Hedgehog

where's the recoiling PLATFORM for tank simulators? just thing about it: you're sitting on a pneumatic platform. when you fire, you get jerked back.

I can think of an equivalent for the vest: A flamethrower and stun grenade package, to simulate a hit :twisted:

Along the lines of the FPS Gaming Vest; I think some kind of surround effects system would be more appropriate for SB. When your sim tank/AFV is destroyed, you get a jet of boiling water (annoying to be sure but not life threatening) from the direction of impact to simulate the effect of a jet of molten metal. Maybe it could be fine tuned to simulate a HEAT/HESH round where a jet of gravel rocks would hit you instead of real blast and spalling effects?

Either way, it would leave a helluva mess for the wife to clean up!

Which is probably the best reason not to include such.

I've been married, I can only imagine the agonized shrieks of 'What have you done to my...'?

Ironically, you're probably safer in combat than you are unexpectedly confronted with a wife that a minute ago had lain herself down knowing that her carpets were clean.

Shot

Either way, it would leave a helluva mess for the wife to clean up!

or for you to lick clean, if you had married my wife :D

anyway, I'll still go with a stun grenade just behind your head. the same ringing ears, the same disorientation and confusement (just imagine the "WTF??" after being hit when you least expect it), not as lethal, but just as spouse envigourating ase the gravel machine.

you can get the stun grenade even if you're merely hit, and a full bleeding-from-ears package for a kill.

as a sidenote, I think the person who invented that vest should be dressed up with it and sprayed all over in a FPS. that would be so much fun!