Top Tank Platoon 2016 (discussion thread)

Volcano

• Moderators

Hello all,

This thread is intended to be devoted to discussing TTP 2016 which starts January 6th (the day after tomorrow here).

Needless to say, the tournament is just for fun, and this will be the THIRD such tournament, the first happened in 2010 which you can review here: HERE. The second happened in 2012 which you can review: HERE. (The tournament in 2012 was called 2011 because I was still clinging to the idea that I would do it annually, but unfortunately there is too much to do, and running these tournaments is very time consuming so I have come to accept that it will happen "whenever I can do it").

The full list of contest rules are HERE. It might look like a lot of text, but it is just that all facets had to be covered. At least one person on the team should familiarize themselves with the rules. All teams and team members will abide by the listed rules regardless of if you actually read them or not.

WHERE / WHEN?

Starting on January 6th, several official times will be available for teams to choose from. These times will be posted when the match pairings are listed. If you are in Europe, US or Australia, don't worry, the available times will vary in such a degree that there will be many options available between Friday and Saturday, and if none of those times suit you, then you can always coordinate your own time to meet from week to week (there will be six days or so between matches to coordinate). More information about exact time slots will be made available soon in the EVENT THREAD.

IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS:

The rules of the tournament have remained unchanged from years past, but in an attempt to preemptively nip any possible issues in the bud, I will list the most important things that all players must keep in mind here:

1. Teams must maintain a roster of four people to be recognized by the tournament. You can however play a match with less than four players (you can play a match with just one player if you have to), but you MUST truthfully answer the starting question which asks how many players are present for the mission. Simply put, less players means less tanks for that side -- it is the only way to make it fair. Also, any attempt to cheat the other team here by having one player join the game twice under different names (to make everyone think your team has its full compliment of players) will cause the entire team to be disqualified from the tournament (IPs will be compared by TS logs and/or tournament observers who may not be visible on the TS server).

2. All matches must be played on the SB.com TS server. The reason this has always been the case is because this is where the files will be official scenario files will be located (in the Game # channels, and these are the ONLY files a team should use to play a match), and it is where at least one team member must upload the AAR and report file after the match so that scoring can be calculated.

3. As always, any attempt by any player to cheat will result in the disqualification of the team. The AAR will be evaluated for strange behavior. If a team suspects another of cheating then PM me and bring it to my attention and it will be evaluated.

Play within the rules and this will be a fun tournament.

Edited by Volcano

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

FYI, just to remove confusion:

The tournament does not begin until the 6th. At that time I will post the scenarios into the TS browser for the week, and round 1 matches are expected to be played from JAN 6 to JAN 12. Any teams not playing a match by then will get a forfeit loss.

Don't worry, I will provide all this information in the event thread on Jan 6. I am just trying to get a leg up on everything to get everyone prepared.

• Moderators

Well, if it is any consolation - several other teams are just jumping straight into the first game without any practice (ours is, at least). :)

Unfortunately it is very much a pain to redo the tournament tree, scoring document, and the TTP 2016 page at this point. Since everything was created already, you are essentially "locked in". Also, I have a hope you guys will play (removal would be permanent, where as leaving you in would allow you to change your mind) then I am just going to leave you guys in, hoping you all can participate. After all, there could be three or four full days of practice before game time, and even if you don't get any practice in before the first match then you can choose not to play and forfeit, or play anyway and get practice from the match itself, then get all the prerequisite practice in before the second match occurs.

So what I will do is: in the hope you guys will give it a go and/or work out the bugs, UKA team will remain in the tournament and if you still don't feel comfortable in playing the first round when the opposing team begins to PM you about match days/times then let them know that you will forfeit, and then they can let me know accordingly. Then you have a whole week to work out the issues before the second round. At the very least this saves me from redoing everything a day before the tournament starts and gives you guys a chance to change your mind and work it out. :)

Servus,

A short period for the first battle, but we will give our best.

@ the russian team:

I got your mail, I`m still checking possible dates with my team.

I think till now check the saturday evening after 22:00 UTC or the sunday morning. But I will answer if I know more.

cheers

D u k e

@ the russian team:

I got your mail, I`m still checking possible dates with my team.

I think till now check the saturday evening after 22:00 UTC or the sunday morning. But I will answer if I know more.

D u k e

Servus!

Well, let's play on Sunday morning. We are prefer 9:00 AM UTC for round start. All the preparations before this time.

Best regards.

LAN (RA)

Servus LAN,

Servus!

Well, let's play on Sunday morning. We are prefer 9:00 AM UTC for round start. All the preparations before this time.

Best regards.

LAN (RA)

09:00 AM UTC is a no go, because Tom83 has to go to work at 08:30 AM UTC.

I would suggest we meet at 07:00 AM UTC on sunday in TS on steelbeasts.com.

cheers

D u k e

• Moderators

As mentioned in the event thread:

I had to upload the round 1 scenarios. They are uploaded into the same channel and all have "v2" after the name. All the waypoints from the possible spawns are not hidden so that the map is easier to read.

If you downloaded the scenario before, then please get it again.

Also, one more important thing: do not load a plan in the planning phase. Unfortunately it seems to cause a CTD when loaded (at least one of the clients did), probably because of the spawn jumps at the start. Sorry about that, but the good thing is that there is a 15 minute planning phase before the mission and there isn't that much to draw on the small map. ;)

Of course we are looking into this bug...