TGIF 2016: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

• Moderators

Easy for me:

We will be playing the same scenario mentioned last week here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showpost.php?p=283024&postcount=61

...we didn't have enough people so we played something smaller. Need at least 16 people; if we don't get enough people this time then we will just skip it and put it somewhere else in the play list.

If you volunteered to CO last week for this and you still want to do it this week, then go ahead and volunteer again.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

18 MAR scenario:

Convoy Ops 02-3025b

This one always seems to always be a close fight coming down to the last few minutes.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

• Moderators

25 MAR scenario:

!OBJ PV - MP_3025d

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

1 APR scenario:

!Battle for Schwaben Creek Valley T-72 v6-3025-OMU

NOTES:

• Moderators

OK, firstly, apologies to Blue in the last mission where I CO'd. I didn't take the time to read the briefing and remembered wrongly what our mission was. We did not have to breakout to the east, we simply had to attrition Red enough that they didn't have enough strength to escape. In short, we didn't have to do our suicide charge at the end, for one thing. :(

In my defense though, the scenario creator was there and didn't say anything! :P

Lesson learned: never assume you know/remember the mission, always read the briefing!!!

• Moderators

8 APR scenario:

Civil War Dera Ghazi-3025d

This is a three-way where two insurgent sides are allied at first, but can (must) betray each other later in order to win. THREE CO's are needed here.

BLUE (Free Army), insurgent, allied with Orange at start

ORANGE (Extremists), insurgent, allied with Blue at start

RED (Govt. Forces)

...since no volunteered to CO last week then all sides are open for volunteer COs. Also, NO DRAFT this TGIF because the sides are very finicky on equipment (we will do the draft in those scenarios where western equipment is on both sides).

NOTES:

• Administrators
On 4/5/2016 at 3:50 AM, Volcano said:

OK, firstly, apologies to Blue in the last mission where I CO'd. I didn't take the time to read the briefing and remembered wrongly what our mission was. We did not have to breakout to the east, we simply had to attrition Red enough that they didn't have enough strength to escape. In short, we didn't have to do our suicide charge at the end, for one thing. :(

In my defense though, the scenario creator was there and didn't say anything! :P

Lesson learned: never assume you know/remember the mission, always read the briefing!!!

I made that a long time ago.  I've made several scenarios over the years that are really not very winnable by one side rather than being perfectly balanced.  I should make some more attack and defend missions like that!

• Moderators

15 APR scenario:

Relief to Defense 01-multiparty-3025-OMU

This is a BIG three vs. one scenario. FOUR CO's are needed here. If we don't have at least 16-18 people attending then we will play something smaller (Tactical Chess 03-GLW3-3011a-OMU).

BLUE (US), allies

GREEN (UK), allies

GRAY (DE), allies

vs.

RED (OPFOR)

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Since the scenario is so large, THERE IS NO RESTRICTION ON COs VOLUNTEERING THIS WEEK (if you volunteered last week, you can volunteer again this week).
  • There will be a draft, OPFOR CO chooses first, and chooses every other time per round (i.e. draft round: OPFOR, US, OPFOR, UK, OPFOR, DE).

NOTES:

• Moderators

22 APR scenario:

!Should I Stay or Should I Go 2013-3025

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• None.

NOTES:

• Moderators

29 APR scenario:

TGIF Watan Saraf Ekhlas v2

This scenario requires three COs.

BLUE (Regestani Army), allied

GREEN (NDF), allied

vs.

RED (Insurgents)

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• None.

NOTES: