TGIF 2016: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

4 hours ago, ashdivay said:

Why draft? We had it few times already! 

I am gonna hold my breath until you cancel draft.  

Keep the draft, but.  Perhaps those that want to be on a particular side could say so.  The other sides Co would bet a bonus in the draft to compensate.  The opposing side gets first pick, and an extra pick at the start for every player that opted out of the draft to be on the other team? 

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brun said:

Keep the draft, but.  Perhaps those that want to be on a particular side could say so.  The other sides Co would bet a bonus in the draft to compensate.  The opposing side gets first pick, and an extra pick at the start for every player that opted out of the draft to be on the other team? 

that sounds great ! BRUN you're a dammm Genius !

Edited by ashdivay

• Moderators

24 MAY scenario:

Convoy Ops 01-Multiside-3028a

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Need three COs: Blue & Green vs. Red.
  • There will be a draft. Red will pick second and will choose two people per round.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Convoy Ops 01-Multiside-3028a.zip

On 2/22/2016 at 8:15 PM, Volcano said:

Note that starting this TGIF (and until further notice - perhaps until the end of the year) we are bringing back the DRAFT...

...If any user has a problem with the team they end up on then they are welcome to leave the game and we can re-balance the teams at the end of it.

-------------------

The goal here is to even out all teams so that one team does not have a higher concentration of inexperienced players taking a large portion of forces and to minimize the ability to compose a team and practice before TGIF (which is not the purpose/intent behind TGIF).

I say get rid of the draft. The intent of TGIF has gotten lost when there has to be a draft just because someone feels that new guys are getting valuable units (modern tanks) killed and putting their side at a disadvantage.

If a player does or does not want to play with a certain player or group of players they shouldn't be forced to play on a team they don't want to be on.

If a player wants to use the equipment on side "A" but gets drafted onto side "B", what are they to do? according to the post on the draft quoted above, the answer is to get the hell out of the session and they will proceed without them. (see above) How is this an event designed to bring the community together?

Just my thoughts on the subject,

Mog

• Moderators

It brings the community together because it puts players who normally don't play together on the same team, at least from time to time.

Besides, it's not something that will last forever, it's just something that is intended to change TGIF for a while to keep things from getting stale, just like how we try other things from time to time (like the CO challenge that we might bring back: someone is drawn from a hat to CO, then if they win, they CO again next week).

Not sure if the CO challenge is a good idea, a lot of people don't like to Co, and if the win they have to Co again next week,would seem a punishment for them, i can imagine people losing on purpose so they are not Co next week :D

Anyways, i still have my plan from the last week, so if we dont have a volunteer i can Co blue team (again)

• Moderators

Well, all of these things (draft and CO challenge) we have done in the past. None of these things are permanent. If we did it before, we can do them again, at least temporarily to keep things fresh, so I don't subscribe to either point of view.

And quite honestly, the same people CO'ing every other week is getting old.

Edit: Not that there is anything wrong with CO'ing if no one else wants to, but sometimes other people need to be encouraged (volunteered) to do it. ;)

• Moderators

8 JUL scenario:

Brush War-3025

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Need four COs: Blue vs. Green vs. Red vs. Orange (no allies)
  • There will NOT be a draft

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.

• Moderators

15 JUL scenario:

Deliberate Defense 03-3025a-OMU

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• There will be a draft

NOTES:

4 hours ago, Volcano said:

15 JUL scenario:

Deliberate Defense 03-3025a-OMU

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• There will be a draft

NOTES:

Deliberate Defense 03-3025a-OMU.zip

After a long absence, I'm back.

I'll CO Blue.

• Moderators

22 JUL scenario:

Air Assault 02-3025a

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Need three COs: Blue & Green vs. Red. Blue side does not need very many people (maybe only three or four players)
  • No draft unless there are not enough people on Red

NOTES: