• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

FYI (for everyone):

We are aware of the issue with joining games in progress and how it (at least times) does not work properly. It is being worked on at high priority and hope to fix it soon in the next update. I say this because I do regret people not being able to rejoin TGIF when they drop. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

The point is this:

In the mean time, if people drop we will try to pick them up anyway - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Either way we will still at least try once for everyone. If it doesn't work then don't stress it, its probably not a problem on your PC. ;)

• Moderators

30 SEP scenario:

Clash of Armor 2014-4000

This is one of those "fun" scenarios, lots of tanks, big tank battle.

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• There will be a draft (to help balance the sides).

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

53 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

Or....you could CO Red to glorious victory and/or death, and witness the battle with your Heads eye!

I don't even have the latest version of SB, just might listen in.  Since You spoke up I guess You volunteered for Red.  I can't wait to listen, and learn.

• Moderators

7 OCT scenario:

Symmetrical Attack 04-NP-4000-OMU

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• There will be a draft to help balance the sides.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

2 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Not really, but if that's what you guys are picking as the default setting my attendance at TGIF will continue to decline

Thats unfortunate dude, more players make for a better game i think. If the problem is that you end up with too much to manage well without 'Enemy Map Updates' , you can just have less? Its not uncommon for players to have just one vehicle, from what ive seen. Either way, 'each to their own' :)

19 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

If the problem is that you end up with too much to manage well without 'Enemy Map Updates' , you can just have less?

Not really as I end up being a Company commander of the Company that no one else wants to be in.

19 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

Its not uncommon for players to have just one vehicle, from what ive seen.

Exactly, the people who want only one tank all pile into say A Company and then the CO says "who is running B Company?".

That plus micro-managing COs telling me to park on the left side of the tree rather than the right. I think I have some experience in how to handle an AFV.

Its just a game,dont take it personally.Dont forget you re dealing w/ guys who for the most part have no CO exp. in real life,let alone planning a battle.We all know you re a LTC and know what you re doing.;):D

Edited by mpow66m