UK Armour 10 Jan 2016

Tjay

Hi there

Is there anybody out there who knows how to command a CV9035 section (2 cv9035 + inf) because Kingtiger feels he need a partner , the task Grenny have given him for Sunday are a bit to much for a single guy with 4 CV9035 and are available on Sunday Katie would very much appreciate it.

We also have more Tanks available 4 to be exact.

KT,

What was the OPFOR?

From memory this is another one with random enemy.

BMP-2 and T-72M4. From what I saw the thing that made us successful this time was the tempo which Grenny pushed us with. The tank platoons was in far better place when the enemy first counterattack materialized making them able to shoot the counter attack to pieces instead of getting caught out in the open as normally happens in this scenario.

/KT

BMP-2 and T-72M4. From what I saw the thing that made us successful this time was the tempo which Grenny pushed us with. The tank platoons was in far better place when the enemy first counterattack materialized making them able to shoot the counter attack to pieces instead of getting caught out in the open as normally happens in this scenario.

/KT

We have one saying: "Panzer müssen rollen!" ;-)

NARRATIVE AAR

FIRSTLY I WOULD LIKE TO EXPRESS MY THANKS AND ADMIRATION FOR ALL THOSE WHOSE FIRST LANGUAGE IS NOT ENGLISH BUT WHO SPEAK IT BETTER THAN MANY UK NATIVES.

13 players including our new Polish member Mac508pl.

We started on time thanks to Grenny sending a combined .sce and .pln file to Crusty (hosting) the day before. This will be SOP in future, but we may not always have a pre-designated C.O and when that happens we will just have to wait in the planning phase while he draws graphics

Comms were excellent, using the Channel Commander system which means there is no excuse for internal platoon comms to cut across transimissions on the company net.

Someone from one of the tank platoons please provide narrative aar from that perspective as I had my hands full with 2 x CV90s that refused to remain as a section for more than 1 min before the No2 detached.

From 4plt perspective, we secured our original recce obective and were originally tasked to follow 3plt down the middle. But having lost one c/s to a hidden ATCM team, plt ldr KT sensibly decided we should conduct a right hook manoeuvre through the southern forest to secure our final objective, Churchill.

The trees were very dense and the going soft but we arrived on time to conduct a dismounted occupation of Churchill with one track in close support and the others in a defensive perimeter. No opposition encountered.

As noted by others, excellent planning and commanding by Grenny of this Anglo-American/Canadian/German/Danish/Swedish/Polish force, and good performances all round.

Edited by Tjay

Well you sound great to me

So, you want to marry me ;-)

Enough kidding.

Ok, just found another mistake (video AAR is a great training tool!!): when giving orders to 55 before we started to move, I forgot to specify that I wanted the suppressive fires comming down at the same time. Otherwise Hedge could have used the time-on-target feature to coordinate mortars and 155s better.