Ratta, Germany - 1st Clash .hgt map

Scrapper_511

Oh, cool. So you already have maps for them then! I didn't find any reference to Ratta in the downloads page so I figured this .hgt map just happened to be included with the stock maps. I'll check out your campaign ASAP (assuming you uploaded it for public consumption. As of yet, I haven't found anything under "1st Clash" Title, or "12Alfa" Author).

Thanks, 12Alfa.

Oh, cool. So you already have maps for them then! I didn't find any reference to Ratta in the downloads page so I figured this .hgt map just happened to be included with the stock maps. I'll check out your campaign ASAP (assuming you uploaded it for public consumption. As of yet, I haven't found anything under "1st Clash" Title, or "12Alfa" Author).

Thanks, 12Alfa.

PM me and I'll send all necessary files. Also have the next book "Counter-stroke"map done.

Those books were required reading for us during that time period as well as the lessons learned in them.

I can provide a electronic copy of 1st Clash if you would like a copy.

Was thinking maybe around March we could re-visit the campaign.

PM me and I'll send all necessary files. Also have the next book "Counter-stroke"map done.

Those books were required reading for us during that time period as well as the lessons learned in them.

I can provide a electronic copy of 1st Clash if you would like a copy.

Was thinking maybe around March we could re-visit the campaign.

The Turnover rate for Red Co's last time around was a bit excessive. I would hate to see similar circumstances gum up the works again. I would be willing to Co the Soviet side, and make sure to see it through to the bitter end of Nato.

Well, you should. :)

I was tempted! :bigsmile: I learned about it just as I had purchased Red Thrust by Zaloga and The Third World War by Hackett (sp?). But since it involved Canadian units, which would mean Leo tanks, I was discouraged to purchase it as a background source for SB scenario creation because I'm so U.S.-centric when it comes to scenarios. It still sounds like a good read though, and I may pick it up in the near future if I ever find time for recreational reading.

----

12Alfa, thanks for the offers. I mainly play single-player scenarios since I can't do coop. But I still like to scope out other people's work and I'd like to see what you've done with the map. PM momentarily.

DonĀ“t forget Harvey Black and his Books.

I read The Black Effect damn good Book for all Tankers.

I served from 81-92 in PzBrig 18 of 6. PzGrenDiv in ComLandJut. We were the Lost Division North of Hamburg.

The T-80, pounding along the left-hand side of the battalion commanderā€™s T-80K command tank, swerved left, initiating a zigzag movement to make itself a harder target for the enemy they were assaulting. Hit earlier by a High-Explosive-Squash-Head (HESH) round, that stripped the explosive reactive armour blocks from the front left of the turret, they had now become the target of the hardened penetrator that had just been fired by the Bravo Chieftain tank. The lightweight ballistic cap on the end of the penetrator was crushed and the steel sheath, surrounding the tungsten carbide penetrator which was twice as hard as steel, peeled away as the core pierced the T-80 main battle tank. Breaking up as it penetrated the armour at the base of the left-hand quarter of the turret, an elliptical spall blossomed out inside, the heated fragments ripping into the crew inside. The over-pressure burst their eardrums, and blood trickled from their ears and noses. Hot, smouldering slivers tore into the gunnerā€™s right side, gouging into his flesh and peppering his skin with burning fragments, his hands clawing at his face in an effort to free himself from the agony, the smell of his burning flesh making him retch. The rest of the debris ricocheted around the fighting compartment, shredding the tank commanderā€™s legs, his screams drowned out only by the louder screams of his gunner. The driver, relatively safe for a fraction of a second longer, continued to drive the tank forward before the ammunition ignited, erupting within the steel confines of the tank with nowhere to go, until it lifted the turret two metres into the air, molten metal and shrapnel killing the crew, before it fell back down, slewed to the left as the armoured giant, now crippled, ground to a halt. The rest of the tanks maintained their advance, pushing ahead, their masters urging them on.

Hi, StKPzBrig18. I'll take it into consideration. Thanks for the recommendation and welcome to the SB forum.

Thanks for your welcome.

I was from 81-92 during the cold war in PzBrig18 Command Center.

A lot of Time as Commander on the MHQ of the Brigade.

I know what it means to be a sheep between wolves.

Dancing with an light amored, my M113 filled with radios and secret taktical maps and material, among MBTĀ“s, AA-Tanks and Recons in First Line.

But amazing were that guys, who drive with new tactical stuff like orders and maps and try to find my position on Motorcycles. The "Kradmelder" did an Job i never would forget.

sorry for my english, itĀ“s rusty since the long time i donĀ“t need much of it