T-14 Armata video

Basher

I thought it was odd that it shot at a target in some kind of trap system from a close range.

So this thing will use an autoloader since all three crew members sit in the hull...I wonder if they are using the ammo storage in a the circular configuration like T-72M1 or T-80. And if so, have they fixed the slow loading of rounds that are indexed in the basket.

To quote the Esim manual:

The carousel rotation is limited to 1 direction only. in normal operation, the cassette loader takes 6 seconds to load a round. However, it can take up to 15 seconds to load a round if the round desired is a 355 degree turn of the carousel away.

That would feel like a lifetime!

If I find any more footage in my internet travels...I will post it.

I noted that the ergonomics of getting in and out of that thing is not easy even the outside seats plus they appear to have direct contact with the tank (The seats) which is not a good thing if you get hit by a Mine or IED can you confirm this.

If it get hit and/or catches fire i wouldn't want to be the middle guy

• 2 months later...

It was claimed recently that T-14 might be shown during dynamic display at next Russian Arms Expo in Nizhny Tagil.

As for internal design of T-14, here some 3d models made based on known internal and external photos and videos.

f2e61484b3e8.thumb.jpg.7eac82f16d5292ec5

You can also see, how more or less front armor is placed and how thick it is.

f2e61484b3e8.jpg

Well they already ordered around 100 T-14's for further military evaluation.

Truth to be told I like their concept of unified platforms. Not modular in sense you can reconfigure them in any variant by swapping mission modules. But have common components that are modular and based on same chassis for each specific family of vehicles, heavy tracked, medium tracked, medium wheeled. Actually if you think about there is more platforms, like light wheeled (Tigr 4x4), and light tracked (BMD-4M and it's derivatives like BTR-MDM and 2S25M). In NATO we should follow the same pattern. Heck US or Germany could quickly develop similiar families of vehicles using already existing technology as answer to Russians. But of course as always, there are problems with politicians and their will to fund such project, and also with military that in these days have problems to create relatively simple, non gold plated requirements for new platforms. And as NATO we need answer now, so we won't repeat the same situation from the 1960's and 1970's when for two decades NATO had nothing comparable with T-64, T-72 and T-80 series.

59 minutes ago, Damian90 said:

And as NATO we need answer now, so we won't repeat the same situation from the 1960's and 1970's when for two decades NATO had nothing comparable with T-64, T-72 and T-80 series.

Damian, any direct  armed conflict between modern Russia and  major NATO members  most likely will be nuclear, and  wasting of funds on to  new conventional armaments for the ground forces is quite pointless.

I doubt anyone would move in to that direction, because nobody wins such conflict, so what's the point. Besides, I doubt there will be any confrontation. Let's face it, we have a beggining of a new Cold War... or perhaps Cold War never ended? 

And seriously, I would rather spend money on conventional arms, and improving defenses and armed forces capabilities, than count on WMD's to detter any threat, and there is more various threats out there than only Russia.

1 hour ago, Damian90 said:

Well they already ordered around 100 T-14's for further military evaluation.

Truth to be told I like their concept of unified platforms. Not modular in sense you can reconfigure them in any variant by swapping mission modules. But have common components that are modular and based on same chassis for each specific family of vehicles, heavy tracked, medium tracked, medium wheeled. Actually if you think about there is more platforms, like light wheeled (Tigr 4x4), and light tracked (BMD-4M and it's derivatives like BTR-MDM and 2S25M). In NATO we should follow the same pattern. Heck US or Germany could quickly develop similiar families of vehicles using already existing technology as answer to Russians. But of course as always, there are problems with politicians and their will to fund such project, and also with military that in these days have problems to create relatively simple, non gold plated requirements for new platforms. And as NATO we need answer now, so we won't repeat the same situation from the 1960's and 1970's when for two decades NATO had nothing comparable with T-64, T-72 and T-80 series.

You could argue that was always the case.

I very much believe had the cold war went hot it would have inevitably went nuclear.

Videos about "Armata", "Koalitsia-SV" and "Kurganets". Of course there is around 99,99% of propaganda, but videos are interesting for video material, good stuff for intelligence to figure more about these vehicles. Indeed, when Russians gloat, they tend to reveal a lot of stuff they would want to keep secret. ;)

Edited by Damian90

3 hours ago, Damian90 said:

Videos about "Armata", "Koalitsia-SV" and "Kurganets". Of course there is around 99,99% of propaganda, but videos are interesting for video material, good stuff for intelligence to figure more about these vehicles. Indeed, when Russians gloat, they tend to reveal a lot of stuff they would want to keep secret. ;)

Good find