Changing Default Scenario Vehicles

CrackerJack

I'm a novice and I'd like to know how one would go about changing the default vehicle in a scenario. For example the scenario Tank Platoon in Attack has the M1A1. If I wanted to run this scenario but use the 2A5 for example how would I go about editing the scenario file? Is this a major under taking?

Cheers!

I'm a novice and I'd like to know how one would go about changing the default vehicle in a scenario. For example the scenario Tank Platoon in Attack has the M1A1. If I wanted to run this scenario but use the 2A5 for example how would I go about editing the scenario file? Is this a major under taking?

Cheers!

If you can wait until Saturday/Sunday Swordsmandk will guide you meanwhile

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9a79rv7frtssqkm/Platoon%20in%20attack%20%28ARRC%20-%20medium%29%282A5DK%29updated%20modified%20red%20side%20v1.6.sce?dl=0

and no its not that big an undertaking in most scenarios

Enjoy

In brief:

1. Open the Mission Editor

2. Load the scenario - if you are asked for a password and don't know it, the process stops here.

3. Assuming you can open the scenario, right click on the unit and change type to whatever you need, using the "set unit type" contextual menu option.

4. Save the scenario as "Tank Platoon in Attack-Leo 2A5" so you don't lose the original.

For that exact specific example, there's one extra step: The scenario expects a height map with a slightly different file name than comes with SB, so if you want to edit those scenarios you'll need to go to your C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\height folder, find NuKouvo50.hgt and make a copy of it. Rename the copy NuKouvo50-0.hgt and then you can open the Tank Platoon in Attack scenarios in the mission editor.

IACnbPw.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to play the "Tanks!" scenario with Ulan but was unable to change the OpFor from tanks to IFVs, since the Red faction is password protected.

While I'm sort of glad for that (since I don't know the movement logics, I could enjoy the mission more), I then have to ask: is there some "Tanks!" mission out there with IFVs instead of MBTs as an opfor?

While my brave Ulan (with which I've replaced Leo 2A4, hoping that the "Tanks!" trigger logic would have me facing older MBTs) survived multiple hits from what I believe was T-62 or even -64 and returned fire, it didn't really stand any chance :c:

While I'm sort of glad for that (since I don't know the movement logics, I could enjoy the mission more), I then have to ask: is there some "Tanks!" mission out there with IFVs instead of MBTs as an opfor?

Well in that case it would be surely called "IFVs!" :)

There's also "Tanks! Again" by MDF:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/24/p13_fileid/2585

Which maybe editable to reflect the outcome you are looking for.

I wanted to play the "Tanks!" scenario with Ulan but was unable to change the OpFor from tanks to IFVs, since the Red faction is password protected.

While my brave Ulan (with which I've replaced Leo 2A4, hoping that the "Tanks!" trigger logic would have me facing older MBTs) survived multiple hits from what I believe was T-62 or even -64 and returned fire, it didn't really stand any chance :c:

Which TANKS mission was it? Chances are Assasin or Courgar made it, and I'm sure they'd be willing to edit it for you.