UK Armour 14th February 2016

Tjay

Good session with nice turnout even though it was Valentines day.

Lessens learned:

1. We are gonna make a standard template for callsigns when doing missions. We know its not possible when its community made missions but if we can we will use the new template.

2. Dont hit the minefields! (This is for me)

3. Our Mech section is regularly manned with the same guys. Pretty good considering its most often the undermanned plt during games.

4. Clear and precise PLT commands.

5. Trainning course wednessday night late for people interested. Will post times. (Its my nightshift week and if I dont get to play I get kinda wierd....)

Good Session. Cya next week.

Edited by Swordsmandk

Oh yeah , my hero moment was between 1:32 and 1:42 relieving the pressure on 6-5 ..... then I was distracted by infantry before being rolled over by t 80's :(

Mental note 360 scan before engaging infantry

I was 1-2

Oh , this was almost as exciting as playing it... and it was awesome to see the artillery in action ....

NARRATIVE AAR

In view of the above posts I will keep this short.

1. Very good plan and clear commanding by MD.

2. Good decision to split the Mech Inf into two sections at the point the tank platoons went down different routes and give one section to each tank platoon for flank coverage, recce, air defence and clearing buildings.

3. Awesome indirect fire support from Duke. (Did we really need any tanks?) :clin:

4. Good comms discipline.

5. I didn't hit any trees. :)

6. Excellent atmosphere throughout and pleasant post-mission general discussion.

Link to official .aar file to follow.

NARRATIVE AAR

In view of the above posts I will keep this short.

1. Very good plan and clear commanding by MD.

2. Good decision to split the Mech Inf into two sections at the point the tank platoons went down different routes and give one section to each tank platoon for flank coverage, recce, air defence and clearing buildings.

3. Awesome indirect fire support from Duke. (Did we really need any tanks?) :clin:

4. Good comms discipline.

5. I didn't hit any trees. :)

Link to official .aar file to follow.

Noob question about the aar file... will that play out the movements we did yesterday?

Yes it will. Whenever you quit an SB session you should get a box asking you if you want to save the .aar. If you reply Yes, then it will be saved to the AAR section of your Esim games/... directory. When you wan't to view it, start the game, select Load AAR and select the required file from the list.

Yes it will. Whenever you quit an SB session you should get a box asking you if you want to save the .aar. If you reply Yes, then it will be saved to the AAR section of your Esim games/... directory. When you wan't to view it, start the game, select Load AAR and select the required file from the list.
Yep I have it saved , awesome thanks