UK Armour Sunday 21 February 2016

Tjay

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah, you got that version! :1: I'm glad you were still able to accomplish the mission.

I'd love to see a copy of the AAR if you don't mind sharing.

Obviously - as with all your scenarios - there is a good degree of randomness built into the actions of Red. We willl revisit this in a few weeks time, using Scandinavian equipment. However, the TOWs on the Bradleys were a significant factor in us achieving a victory despite the northern avenue of attack having to be abandoned. Achieving that with just conventional IFVs would have been much harder, perhaps impossible.

White platoon fell victim to the 'AI gunner' bug (I think that is a justified description) where an enemy AI vehicle needs line of sight to just one tiny corner (single pixel) of another vehicle in order to identify and destroy it. Crusty's Bradley was taken out by a T80 at around 3km range despite being at least 0.5km inside a dense wood.

Edited by Tjay

Btw:

Sorry for forgetting to upload the plan-file before and sorry for showing up late.

Will not happen again.

Might be good recruit and a CO AND an XO for the evening, and in case RL inervenes(=CO no show)...the XO can take over?

No problem Grenny. That is the first time I've known you to be late on parade, and RL issues affect us all occasionally. However, some other players seem to consider it acceptable to roll up late routinely, perhaps assuming that we will always Pause/Rejoin to pick them up. I consider this to be impolite and inconsiderate and will not tolerate it in the future.

A couple of months ago I brought the session time forward from 20:00 to 19:00 to better suit those in the GMT+1 and GMT+2 timezones, and that has resulted in our current very healthy turnouts. But we need to start at 19:00 sharp so that those players can get to bed at a decent time on a Sunday night. So in future we will only Pause/Rejoin for latecomers if they have a viable excuse, and not at all for habitual offenders. And H + 10 wiill be the absolute cut off for this procedure.

I don't like laying down the law like this, but the actions of a small minority make it necessary.

Great video by the way; thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed watching it while reviewing the AAR file last night. I was personally gratified the scenario played out as I'd intended it to, with successful mission completion in the balance and a high level of intensity from players. Based on randomisation of Red there are even harder and easier versions you could have encountered.

In which case the C.O should pass his plan to the X.O so he can have it ready if the C.O doesn't show for some reason.

Our current SOP was that the CO postes then general plan beforehand?

So that way the XO can have a look, take what he needs and add his personal note.

I think thats more gratifing then running someone elses plan. ;-)

Yes, but I'm thinking of the situation where everything is going fine until the C.O doesn't show up because he has stepped on a kid's toy and fallen down the stairs on the way to his PC. Or something. In which case the X.O would have to make his plan immediately before mission start and there would be a delay. But I'm easy either way.

Based on randomisation of Red there are even harder and easier versions you could have encountered.

Great mission Rhys. We will definitely be doing this one again in the near future. And in a couple of weeks time we revisit CT Heavy Delay with the intention of focusing on breaking contact and withdrawing to Town in good order rather than getting involved in close quarters combat on the west side of Causeway.

Great mission Rhys. We will definitely be doing this one again in the near future. And in a couple of weeks time we revisit CT Heavy Delay with the intention of focusing on breaking contact and withdrawing to Town in good order rather than getting involved in close quarters combat on the west side of Causeway.

+1 on that, it developed in to an intense knife fight with the T80's in the village, Blue did a good got of wearing them and the BMP's down as they approached otherwise it might have been a different outcome.