UK Armour 13th March 2016 - Defense of Hameln (big map)

Swordsmandk

Warning Order:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=UK+Armor+VU%3A+Defence+of+Hameln&iso=20160313T19&p1=1440&ah=2

NOTE TIME: 1800 UTC (For our russian OPFOR friends)

Mission: Defense of Hameln (1985)

This is something new we will try. This will be a Company+ defence(Brit) of area around Hameln South of Hanover.

RED side will be manned for by OPFOR controllers makeing red side smarter (hopefully Wink ) and more challengeing for us.

More info about this mission will follow.

I have high hopes for this so IF there is a mission to attend this could be it :gun: .... Also for our german friends.

Picture brief etc will be put up soonish.

This is the area that we will be defending just southwest of Hanover

Main citys in the area is Coppenbrügge, Elze and Salzhemmendorf

http://ukarmor.do-forum.com/t66-defense-of-hameln1985-sunday-march-13th-1800-gmt-1900-cet

Edited by Swordsmandk

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Manning list:

We need a CO for the BTN

14th Panzer Battalion:

1.KMP

A66 BTN CO(Leo2A4) : Major Duck

A65 BTN XO(Leo2A4) : Swordsmandk

FO : Swordsmandk

2.KMP

B66 KMP CO(Leo2A4) : Swordsmandk

1.ZUG (1st PLT)(Leo2A4)

B11 : Dr. Hat

B12 Reserved

B13 : Roerbaek

B14 : Xboxtrollen

2.ZUG (2nd PLT)(Leo2A4)

B21: CavGunner

B22

B23

B24 : Grimlokk

3.ZUG (3rd PLT)(Leo2A4)

B31

B32 : Garmon

B33 : Andres87

B34 : Mac508PL

Attached Supply

K51,K52,K53,K55

11th PanzerGrenadier Battalion

2.KMP

1.ZUG (1st PLT)(Marder)

C11 : Wiglif

C12

C13

Attached Supply

I51,I52,I53,I54

4.KMP

D66 KMP CO(M113) : GibsonM

1.ZUG (1st PLT)(M113 + Milan)

D11 : Tjay

D12

D13

2.ZUG (2nd PLT)(M113 + Milan)

D21

D22

D23

5.ZUG (5th PLT)(MMT)

D51,D52

Attached Supply

I71,I72,I73,I74

1st Armored Recon Battalion

4.KMP

H11 KMP CO (Leopard 1) : Grenny / Ronin

H12 Ammo:

H13 KMP SG (113) : Duke

H14 ARV:

2.ZUG (2nd PLT) (Leopard 1)

H21 : (Reserved 911)

H22 : (Reserved 911)

H23 : (Reserved 911)

H24 : (Reserved 911)

H25 : (Reserved 911)

H26 : (Reserved 911)

3.ZUG (3rd PLT) (Luchs)

H31

H32

H33

H34

H35

H36

Arty

1st BTY (M109)

P11,P12,P13,P14,P15,P16

2nd BTY (M109)

P21,P22,P23,P24,P25,P26

Supply

P41,P42,P43,P44

Wherever you need me:

Maybees:

Zaphod , Hedgehog , Kingtiger

Not comming:

Crusty

Red forces will be Oleg and Friends

Edited by Major duck

Pretty sure I can make this for a change.

Happy to be on Red but if everyone there is speaking Russian I could be on Blue.

However please let me know if you intend to record it or not, because if you are then I wont be playing on whichever side is being recorded (I'm assuming Blue).

And no, before I get "volunteered", I think someone from UK Armour should be Blue CO. :)

Pretty sure I can make this for a change.

Happy to be on Red but if everyone there is speaking Russian I could be on Blue.

However please let me know if you intend to record it or not, because if you are then I wont be playing on whichever side is being recorded (I'm assuming Blue).

And no, before I get "volunteered", I think someone from UK Armour should be Blue CO. :)

Hi Mark

No we wont "volunteered" you for CO :clin:, but i am afraid that the REDs will speak in their original language so it will sound quiet authentic.

Do you want Tanks or INF or Arty ?

As not very many have signed up yet you got a lot of choice !

and if i have been reading the 911 forum correctly Duke and Grenny and their guys are set for the recon(Leopard 1) so unless you speak German or they wont show up in force you prolly wont fit in there either but that still leave a lot of choice !

RED side will be manned for by OPFOR controllers makeing red side smarter (hopefully Wink ) and more challengeing for us.

What does it mean? Dear Swordsmandk, do not hope on it. I see that all the OPFOR visible to you from the start. I see the penalty area with these corridors of death in the north and the other penalty areas on the map, convenient only for Blue. We will play in the mission just for fun, because we like to play with guys from other countries, but we would prefer serious mission, rather than shooting range for Blue. This mission can not be smarter, because crazy armada without intelligence must rash under the fire of the Blue 11 kilometers per hour. This can not be, I think.

If you want the troops were a little smarter than the AI, you need to push the map to 22 kilometers to the right to allow take order of battle, to conduct the reconnaissance and to plan the attack. It is necessary to give us the resourses of mine clearance for the opening of defensive positions in the south, and so on. This I tell you as the student-biologist to the biology student.

Have fun guys and do not take it seriously, and excuse my English.

What does it mean? Dear Swordsmandk, do not hope on it. I see that all the OPFOR visible to you from the start. I see the penalty area with these corridors of death in the north and the other penalty areas on the map, convenient only for Blue. We will play in the mission just for fun, because we like to play with guys from other countries, but we would prefer serious mission, rather than shooting range for Blue. This mission can not be smarter, because crazy armada without intelligence must rash under the fire of the Blue 11 kilometers per hour. This can not be, I think.

If you want the troops were a little smarter than the AI, you need to push the map to 22 kilometers to the right to allow take order of battle, to conduct the reconnaissance and to plan the attack. It is necessary to give us the resourses of mine clearance for the opening of defensive positions in the south, and so on. This I tell you as the student-biologist to the biology student.

Have fun guys and do not take it seriously, and excuse my English.

First of, thx for writing and helping with this.

This is first time I have tried setting this up. Been advised on many different ways about this.

1. I have changed the boundries more away from each other. My intention is not to be able to see each other forces in the beginning.

2. The Minefield area in the south is the natural boundry area of the map and blue forces is put there simply as a limitation or boundry line. That means that no minefield equipment should be neccesary.

3. Red to Blue force ratio is more than 3-1. Is this enough? Dont know. This is first try for me on this size and type of mission. I have even left out minefields, fascams, mine clearing etc. since it would take to many people.

4. Map size is maximum I can do with the PRO PE version. 22 km in width.

Lastly I appreciate that you want to help us with this. I hope to learn more about this and if you would like to make a map/mission we can help you with we will be more than happy to do that.

To the rest of the guys reading this:

This truthfully is a test for me and Duck. Is it to much for us? We will figure out. But we are gonna give it a try 8)

Hey LAN, you'll have a hard time getting an Rgt in attack formation in that area.

It not called "Weserbergland" for nothing ;-)

Anyway, we'll just assume that your recon battailon was completely drunk, and you attack into a formation you should have flanked :-P