UK Armour 13th March 2016 - Defense of Hameln (big map)

Swordsmandk

4. Map size is maximum I can do with the PRO PE version. 22 km in width.

If you want bigger maps you can use some of the ones from Rolling Thunder 14 and 15 (RT 16 will be a little different as they will be conducted in discrete areas up and down what was then the FRG).

They had Soviet era Regts as OPFOR, so the structures should be aligned too.

I think the frontages will be fine - esp if Red has been allocated sufficient indirect fire / air (don't know as I haven't downloaded the scenario).

Anyway I'd suggest we "suck it and see" and roll any lessons learned into the next one - I certainly will be looking for RT 16 implications.

If push comes to shove happy to switch to Red - but would request passwords so I can edit the mission to include suitable Red scripting to make it manageable.

But I hope that isn't required.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want bigger maps you can use some of the ones from Rolling Thunder 14 and 15 (RT 16 will be a little different as they will be conducted in discrete areas up and down what was then the FRG).

They had Soviet era Regt's as OPFOR, so the structures should be aligned too.

I think the frontages will be fine - esp if Red has been allocated sifficient indirect fire / air (don't know as I haven't downloaded the scenario).

Anyway I'd suggest we "suck it and see" and roll any lessons learned into the next one - I certainly will be looking for RT 16 implications.

If push comes to shove happy to switch to Red - but would request passwords so I can edit the mission to include suitable Red scripting to make it manageable.

But I hope that isn't required.

Yeah thx. Will consider that. Red have both type 2s and mlrs at disposal.

But yeah think we will give it a go and see. If we learn something we will put it to use for next time. To be honest I think both sides will have a tough time.

Swordsmandk, thanks for the explanation and did not pay attention to my grumbling. We've seen it all in February and agreed to play. Now the final version of the scenario is needed (as Oleg told), to prepare the plan and open it before the game. If the scenario will be different by one bit, the plan will not open. (It seems we`ve got it, but you fogot red tank platoon near by "zz1")

1. I have changed the boundries more away from each other. My intention is not to be able to see each other forces in the beginning.

I know a couple of good positions on your hills for this :clin:

Already leave everything as is.

3. Red to Blue force ratio is more than 3-1. Is this enough? Dont know...

Nobody wants to die, and nobody fights to die. :confused:

Everyone knows, that the biggest newbies - are we, so do not worry, and let`s play. Check your scenario, and we are waiting it.

See you.

Swordsmandk, thanks for the explanation and did not pay attention to my grumbling. We've seen it all in February and agreed to play. Now the final version of the scenario is needed (as Oleg told), to prepare the plan and open it before the game. If the scenario will be different by one bit, the plan will not open. (It seems we`ve got it, but you fogot red tank platoon near by "zz1")

I know a couple of good positions on your hills for this :clin:

Already leave everything as is.

Nobody wants to die, and nobody fights to die. :confused:

Everyone knows, that the biggest newbies - are we, so do not worry, and let`s play. Check your scenario, and we are waiting it.

See you.

I see yeah - New sent to you again. Removed the t72 test plt. 8)

Look forward to seeing you on sunday.

Ts details:

TS (Teamspeak 3)

teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077

Hey LAN, you'll have a hard time getting an Rgt in attack formation in that area.

It not called "Weserbergland" for nothing ;-)

Anyway, we'll just assume that your recon battailon was completely drunk, and you attack into a formation you should have flanked :-P

It will so, Grenny, I think that we will drink, as usual at breakfast, so do not need any formation in general and shouting "Uraaa!!!" we will pretend the armored train in the forest or paddle steamship in the river. :idea:

Looks like a pretty light crew. Throw me in where I am needed but prefer mech infantry.

yes pretty light. I have hopes that people are just late joiners.

But know 2-3 guys that should be joining that hasnt signed yet. And a couple new guys also.

But Again if it turns out that this kind of stuff is a tad to large for the community yet then we will just dial it down a notch for next time 8)

Happy to see you are playing :luxhello:

But Again if it turns out that this kind of stuff is a tad to large for the community yet then we will just dial it down a notch for next time 8)

It isn't "too large for the community" you just need to plan for it. :)

1. So lots of notice - e.g. 3months warning typically for RT / LNoT events

2. Pick a least worst time - eg. Sat ni GMT = sun morning here so people can get up early, play, recover and go to work on Monday.

Sun ni GMT pretty much excludes this part of the world.

3. Have your command team / Key appointments pre-selected or lined up prior - getting a CO and most of the Company commanders "on the night" for this will inject delay.

etc.

Looking forward to it though. :)

Nice to hear. As far as I remember the LNoT was a COOP mission and the battalion ran more than thirty players, and preparing was serious. If this mission will something like LNoT, especially PvP, it is necessary to change all the initial conditions, especially the map, forces setup, and this Sunday (and this month) will not be able to play. And then on the red side should be a lot of people, because the three of us, we can only be a part of a reconnaissance or artillery.

2. Pick a least worst time - eg. Sat ni GMT = sun morning here so people can get up early, play, recover and go to work on Monday.

Sun ni GMT pretty much excludes this part of the world.

3. Have your command team / Key appointments pre-selected or lined up prior - getting a CO and most of the Company commanders "on the night" for this will inject delay.

etc.

Looking forward to it though. :)

A lot of feedback from this mission (both prior to it and after) is noted and will be used in future hopefully.

Also it is one of the reasons that the sunday evening mini campaign missions (we are running 1. sunday every month for a while) are scaled Down to accomendate a Sunday crowd.

Dont think there will be any doubt that stuff this size will be run another day after this. More info about this will be posted monday.

EDIT: And I might be ambitious but I would see stuff like LNOT / RT more often. Maybe not as big but something like it.

Dont think there will be any doubt that stuff this size will be run another day after this. More info about this will be posted monday.

Personally I think there's always room for more events like you are planning.

Just don't mess with Sat the 11th of June, its booked already:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=22494

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=22495

:)

Updated the manning list

Gibson i put you as Company CO of the M113 Milans (As far as i remember the Australian army have / Had Milan as far as i remember and i know your are a tanker but at least you will have some idea of what you are doing there , if you cant/wont then PM me and we will somewhere else)

Also for the tanks know that there will be 2-3 new guys coming

(And welcome to them).

Gibson i put you as Company CO of the M113 Milans (As far as i remember the Australian army have / Had Milan as far as i remember and i know your are a tanker but at least you will have some idea of what you are doing there , if you cant/wont then PM me and we will somewhere else).

Yes we had them - about ten years ago. :)

Don't worry, we'll get the Company set up - just need some orders. ;)

Sorry, can't upload it here as the file is to big.(have no dropbox or similar)

Maybe Duke can do it?

The game was a good fight. Given that RED had only 4 players then went for a simple plan without much fancy, and smashed us.

Their idea would not have worked with FASCAM/Mines on the blue side. But:

1st: then RED would have the chance to secure their flanks with own Minefields

2nd: it would be utterly unfair to have them operate a BN+ and engineer and and and with only 4 players

So, hopefully we get more RED/OPFOR players in the future so that the missions can include more combined arms elements. This would be very exiting :-D