Campaign Ystad Landings 6th March 2016

Major duck

:thumbup:

This article from July-August 1991 ARMOR provides an overview on the organisation and tactics of the Danish reconnaissance platoon which may be helpful: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71686353/How%20Denmark%27s%20Army%20Uses%20Light%20Unarmored%20Vehicles%20for%20Reconnaissance_Armor_Jul-Aug%201991.pdf

The M41 DK-1 was replaced by the Leopard 1 DK.

I actually scanned that article irl and posted it on UKA forum:

http://ukarmor.do-forum.com/t22-how-denmark-s-army-uses-light-unarmored-vehicles-for-reconnaissance :bigsmile:

But thanks anyway this is better quality then mine as i photocopied that article way before PCs and scanners existed in the army except as Fire control computers

Edited by Major duck

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning List: New as i cant seem to edit the orig but all other posts

If you wish to participate sign up with a post also tell us if you prefer a tank/IFV/APC/Scout Car and if you would like to be CO or PLT CO or FO or Grunt or OPFOR:

Blue:

CO: Grenny (M113 CO)

1st PLT: (Danish Recon PLT) (4x Scout Merc 240, 2x Leopard 1A5dk,1 M113+INF,1 MMT (81mm))

Zaphod

Cavgunner(Tank)

Hedgehog(Tank)

2nd PLT: (Danish Recon PLT) (4x Scout Merc 240, 2x Leopard 1A5dk,1 M113+INF,1 MMT (81mm))

Swordsmandk(Tank)

Major Duck(Tank)

Judgement

Roerbaek

Dr.Hat

3rd PLT: (Swedish Recon PLT) (4x CV9040B +Inf)

Tacbat

Wiglif

Tjay

Crusty

Support: M113 FO

Anywhere:

Zipuli

Grimlokk

Can't Make it:

Duke(Nightshift)

Kingtiger(On excersize Cold something)

OPFOR:

Colebrook

Bond_Villian

Opfor Equipment and Org

Recon BTN

HQ SEC (1 x BMP2)

1st. COY (RECON)

HQ SEC (1 x BMP2)

1st PLT (3 x BMP2+INF, 1 x BRDM2)

2nd PLT (3 x BMP2+INF, 1 x BRDM2)

3rd PLT (3 x T-72M1)

4th PLT (3 x T-72M1)

Supply PLT (2 x SUPPLY, 1 x MEK, 1 x MEDIC, 1 x ARV)

2nd. COY (RECON)

HQ SEC (1 x BRDM2)

1st PLT (4 x BRDM2)

2nd PLT (4 x BRDM2)

3rd PLT (4 x BRDM2)

Supply PLT (2 x SUPPLY, 1 x MEK, 1 x MEDIC, 1 x ARV)

Edited by Major duck

Manning List: New as i cant seem to edit the orig but all other posts

Yes after a certain period (can't remember what it is) posts can no longer be edited.

I think the idea is that they remain editable long enough so you can fix typos, etc. but not so long that you can revise history, weeks or months later.

Interesting to see that the introduction of a human element on the Red side has resulted in three guys who haven't attended our sessions before wishing to take part in this mission as part of Opfor. Please be assured you are very welcome but I'm genuinely interested in why.

After tough negotiations with the traitor Grenny he has decided to stay loyal to the blue side as we had other plans for him :bigsmile:

The reason is that both Swordsmandk and Me as GMs will try to be as impartial as possible and that kind of takes out 2 of our normal (CO/FO) people

So we can fill holes, support Opfor and/or Blue as needed but mostly as Grunts who are def, dumb, and blind (or super AI). :c:

We still don't have a volunteer for the CO of Blue, so if anyone want's to step up please make a post and you won't have to be there for every session in the campaign (Also be aware that this first one will be a bit different then the others, as it will be the only one with fixed Orbat (where the COs cant pick their own setup) but the losses will carry over to the next session. :gun:

Opfor CO will be Colebrook for the first session he will Friday receive a pm with a link where he can download the scenario and the briefing.

The same will happen with any blue CO that steps up!

And be aware that mission objectives are very very important as they will be the primary factor in deciding where and how the next Battle/Scenario will start and with which Objectives and Commanders intent !

Interesting to see that the introduction of a human element on the Red side has resulted in three guys who haven't attended our sessions before wishing to take part in this mission as part of Opfor. Please be assured you are very welcome but I'm genuinely interested in why.

Well, to answer that;

1) Why only now? Because i just got the game recently, and time zones are a thing. (im only ((possibly)) going to be joining in on this session because the following day is a public holiday). -I say possibly because the game is @ 3 AM here, and i have plans to do some paving on the day and may be in bed with a broken back at that time! ;)

2) Why OPFOR? Because i like their stuff, and because i like the idea of having human opponents/controllers in an 'COOP' game, its more like PVP i suppose, and i imagine it enhances the game for the blue forces.

3) **cough cough ImNotaGreatPlayerAndDontTrustMyselfWithExpensiveMateriel cough cough**

Edited by Bond_Villian
humour

Well, to answer that;

1) Why only now? Because i just got the game recently, and time zones are a thing. (im only ((possibly)) going to be joining in on this session because the following day is a public holiday). -I say possibly because the game is @ 3 AM here, and i have plans to do some paving on the day and may be in bed with a broken back at that time! ;)

2) Why OPFOR? Because i like their stuff, and because i like the idea of having human opponents/controllers in an 'COOP' game, its more like PVP i suppose, and i imagine it enhances the game for the blue forces.

3) **cough cough ImNotaGreatPlayerAndDontTrustMyselfWithExpensiveMateriel cough cough**

Well i hope you wont be so tired that you fall asleep on us that happened one time for Swordsmandk and me in the game Eve - Online where a friend us fell asleep during a battle and since he had voice activation on TS we could here him snore and we couldn't wake him so he lost his spaceship and we had a recording of the event. :bigsmile:

But welcome and even though you have to stay up so late we hope to see you other times as well

Well i hope you wont be so tired that you fall asleep on us that happened one time for Swordsmandk and me in the game Eve - Online where a friend us fell asleep during a battle and since he had voice activation on TS we could here him snore and we couldn't wake him so he lost his spaceship and we had a recording of the event. :bigsmile:

But welcome and even though you have to stay up so late we hope to see you other times as well

Could you post that recording? :D

It has been suggested to me privately that this question could be interpreted in a negative fashion and runs the danger of people reading things into it that are not intended. However, I have known Connaugh and Renders for a while now and am confident that they won't do that. But if anyone else has doubts, I'd like to repeat that this is a genuine, honest question. It is always good to see new players joining UKA sessions, and if this type of mission attracts 'new blood' then we will discuss doing more of them. Hope that makes everything quite clear.

Hi Bond Villain

Thanks for taking my question at face value and supplying a comprehensive answer. I really appreciate you staying up 'til 3 am to play. Go easy on the paving on the day, otherwise you may be sound asleep at that time. And PLEASE don't break your back!!

Best wishes

Tjay

Well, to answer that;

Now that's been covered let's get back to the mission.

I am grateful for everyone joining. Blue and opfor. This will be the first time doing this for duck and I.

Any questions can be sent to either of us.

Just happy to see there is still interest for this stuff. Also later games will be combat oriented with 3-4 plt size vs 10-12 plt for red so plenty to try for all. Even I want to try opfor at some point

But misunderstandings are so much fun :D

I think if you had been present at some of the 'misunderstandings' (read deliberately engineered confrontations over nothing at all) that I have experienced in my relatively short time as part of the SB community, you wouldn't say that - not even as a joke. :(

As Swordsman says 'Back to the mission'.

I think if you had been present at some of the 'misunderstandings' (read deliberately engineered confrontations over nothing at all) that I have experienced in my relatively short time as part of the SB community, you wouldn't say that - not even as a joke. :(
I am out of the loop of past history. That is true . I have a hard time to imagine getting worked up about something as limited of a subject as for this game. This to me is for fun. I tend to want to keep it that way.... ok so I may be teasing , i meant no offense nor will I ever. :)