graphic box issue...

Not really a big deal, a game/sim like this is more about the gameplay then the looks but just wondering if anyone else has this problem and any work around?

This just started happening after getting a Alienware with Windows 10, GeForce GTX960 with the latest, updated drivers... ideas?

Thx

was 1920x1080x32 forced to resize to upload...

56e83d2c23c6e_SBProPEcm2016-02-1910-10-1

56e83d2c23c6e_SBProPEcm2016-02-1910-10-1

Not really a big deal, a game/sim like this is more about the gameplay

That's badly distracting. I would want to fix it if I saw that. If it happened that files got misplaced or corrupted, you could try a reinstall, or if you want I could post the stock fire and smoke files in this thread for you to rule those out.

My impression of this screenshot is that it looks like a modded fire and/or smoke effect that is not compatible with the current version that Magnum is running. The fire graphic looks neither like the current official Esim fire effects (as of 3.28), nor does it look like the previous stock fire graphics that installed with SB Pro before those were changed.

The graphics are off centered and wrapping around the animation cell; furthermore, if there is so much as a pixel touching the edge of the animation frame, it will tend to create those visible borders that you see because they get distorted and warped around the boundaries like that; my first suggestion is to either reinstall, or someone give him copies of the files compatible with his version.

Thanks all... that's got to be it... I totally forgot I replaced the smoke and fire graphics, would of checked that first. And you know how they always say, back up those files... hogwash, lol... didn't back them up, will just do a re-install. Lesson learned.

Thx again.

I'm not sure if it uninstall completely removes all folders (I think some parts of the program file structure still remain like the mods folders, possibly the images folder in the main directory still remain), so I would make sure that everything is either removed completely or overwritten completely with a fresh install. I think that should work for you.

~

Files NOT created by the installer (e.g. because they were later overwritten with custom files in the program directory) will NOT be removed by the uninstaller. They will probably get overwritten on a subsequent reinstall, but it's probably a good idea to check the various directories as described in chapter 2 of the user's manual ("Installation") in the section about the file structure - boring, but essential knowledge.

(Which is why I'm not pasting the copied text here, you can all read it up yourself.)

fire%20official_zpsjcidih0a.jpg

fire%20mod_zpsjiq9zl0f.jpg

The top image is the stock template that the current version uses, the bottom set is an older mod that Magnum was using.

So Magnum sees not only a lot less animation frames, the flames in the mod are much larger and are not going to be centered, because the program is trying to match them up to look like the top set, that's why they leave the borders the way they do in his screen shots. It's similar to the way a vehicle model is updated but an older skin is applied and doesn't match up to everything.