Soviet "super" tanks projects's of the late 70's and 80's/90's.

Damian90

This might be interesting for many people interested in Soviet Cold War MBT's development.

More people in Russia and Ukraine try to reconstruct history of Kharkiv super tanks development, here is what Paralay user of forum СИЛА РОССИИ made.

145t_E.jpg

Open image in separate window to view it in higher resolution.

So we have from top to bottom.

Object 490 "Topol";

Object 490A "Buntar";

Object 477 "Boxer";

Object 477A "Molot";

Object 477A1 "Nota";

Object 477B;

Object 477V;

Object 490B "Belka".

These are actually designs made by KMDB design bureau in Ukraine, these were competing against UVZ design like Object 187 (1980's) and Object 195 (1990's), and LKZ/KBTM Object 299 (1980's).

As far as I know Ukraine and Russia were cooperating in R&D for Object 477A1 "Nota" up to around early 2000's, and I seen claims that were saying that one of builded Object 477A1 "Nota" was tested against one of prototypes of Object 195, conclusion was that Object 477A1 "Nota" was superior to Object 195. However cooperation ended, and Russians decided to further develop Object 195, which in the end evolved in to a smaller Object 148 standarized as T-14.

Ukrainians on the other hand have no money for further development of "Nota". We do not know how many prototypes were builded, but knowing that around 10 Object 477A "Molot" were made, we can assume that when Russians were co-financing the project, probably more than two and less than 10 Object 477A1 "Nota" were made.

Speaking about Object 477A1 "Nota", here are few more drawings showing it's possible internal configuration and autoloader. Of course these drawings are not 100% accurate due to fact that still, majority of documentation is classified.

7_Pz_Cg.jpg

P3l_Xq.jpg

pgt5_P.jpg

s8_CVN.jpg

Uwnjq.jpg

And here a mockup of Soviet 152mm APFSDS round.

jb85idl.jpg

Ah more fantasy vehicles for WoT I guess.

Well these are far from being fantasy, technology demonstrators and prototypes were made, just never reached full production.

crasy... I would not feel safe there as passenger. With all that ammunition around.

General concept was that protection will be provided by armor, my friend who had access to Ukrainian archive materials once shown me drawings from documentation, Object 477A "Molot" side hull armor was just as thick as front glacis plate of T-80UD + side skirts with ERA modules. So it was concidered that with such protection levels ammo isolation is not necessary (the concept of ammo isolation like in M1 tank was known to Soviets and they were experimenting with it from 1970's).

Of course in situation where armor would be pierced and there would be ammo cook off, entire crew would be dear and tank completely destroyed.

This might be interesting for many people interested in Soviet Cold War MBT's development.

More people in Russia and Ukraine try to reconstruct history of Kharkiv super tanks development, here is what Paralay user of forum СИЛА РОССИИ made.

145t_E.jpg

Open image in separate window to view it in higher resolution.

So we have from top to bottom.

Object 490 "Topol";

Object 490A "Buntar";

Object 477 "Boxer";

Object 477A "Molot";

Object 477A1 "Nota";

Object 477B;

Object 477V;

Object 490B "Belka".

Can you repost the pic please I cant open it.