UK Armour this Sunday 20/03/2016

Tjay

WARNING ORDER

Where: TS Server: teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077

When: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160320T19&p1=1486

UKA will be running Panzer Leader's CT Heavy Delay mission this coming Sunday. We did this a few weeks ago and failed to successfully break contact and withdraw as per the briefing. So that will be the focus of the mission this time around.

Edited by Tjay

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BRIEFING

1. SITUATION

a. Enemy forces

Intelligence estimates RED comprises a reinforced T-72M1 equipped tank battalion (TB) operating as a forward detachment (FD) for its parent regiment. In its role as FD the TB may be reinforced by a motorised rifle company, self-propelled artillery (SPA) battalion, engineer platoon, chemical reconnaissance platoon and self-propelled anti-aircraft artillery section. The FD may have up to 18 tubes from its attached SPA battalion and off-map Regimental Artillery Group firing in support. We believe the FD will advance from the north east and attempt to seize CAUSEWAY to allow the regiment to advance unhindered and capture TOWN. It is likely, if CAUSEWAY is successfully seized, that the FD will continue into our depth to cut off or capture TOWN ahead of the regiment.

b. Friendly forces

You command a combat team (CT) consisting of a squadron of Leo 2A4DK and cavalry section of four CV9030-Fi for reconnaissance and screening.

The RED axis of advance has taken our forces by surprise and your CT has been rushed ahead of the battle group (BG) to delay the RED advance until BG is able to come up and defend TOWN. Brigade's intent is to establish a line of defence at RIVER and a successful defence of CAUSEWAY should make this possible. To assist you a combat engineer section from BG is laying a disrupt effect minefield in front of CAUSEWAY. Due to the rushed nature of our advance the engineers require another hour to complete laying the minefield. They will then withdraw west across CAUSEWAY to regain BG. You should attempt to hold RED at RIVER but if this is not possible you must prevent them advancing west as far as MARS to allow advance elements of BG to march east and establish defensive positions immediately behind your CT, in line with MARS. Failure to do so will render the defence of TOWN untenable and risks BG being engaged prematurely during its march east.

Two troops of four M777 155 mm howitzers each firing ICM, HE and Smoke natures are assigned in support. Callsign 19 has first priority for fires followed by callsigns 18 and 31 (refer 5. b.).

2. MISSION

Protect the combat engineers operating in front of CAUSEWAY from observation and direct fires so that they can complete their task. Hold RED advance at RIVER but if this is not possible, prevent RED from crossing MARS until BG can establish defensive positions east of TOWN.

3. EXECUTION

Establish a defence of CAUSEWAY at RIVER. Units may proceed east of CAUSEWAY but must not cross limit of advance (LOA) SATURN. Ensure combat engineers operating in front of CAUSEWAY are protected from observation and direct fire so they can successfully complete their disrupt effect minefield.

A

MANNING LIST

Please excuse unconventional c/s system but I can't seem to get the platoons to start with x1 rather than x0.

6 Leo 2A4 C.O TJAY

0B Leo 2A4 XO

10 Leo 2A4 O/C 1 Plt SWORDSMAN

13 Plt Sgt

20 Leo 2A4 O/C 2 Plt

23 Plt Sgt

40 CV9030-Fi O/C 4 Plt Reserved for KT pending confirmation

43 Plt Sgt

13 hours ago, Grenny said:

mech inf. please

HI Grenny. MD tells me you can host this. That's good 'cos we won't have Crusty's or Dr Hat's servers available. I will send you a link to the .sce file tomorrow. Currently trying to sort out the callsigns.

Correct event time:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160320T19

Unfortunately I find that I am unable to edit the manning list because apparently posts made before the website change cannot be edited. So I will put up a new manning list later today or tomorrow.

Why do people have to try and fix things that aren't broken????

NEW MANNING LIST AS OF 18/03/2016

Please excuse unconventional c/s system but I can't seem to get the platoons to start with x1 rather than x0.

6 Leo 2A4 C.O TJAY

0B Leo 2A4 XO

10 Leo 2A4 O/C 1 Plt SWORDSMAN

11 Roerbaeck

13 Plt Sgt Major Duck

20 Leo 2A4 O/C 2 Plt

23 Plt Sgt Cav Gunner

40 CV9030-Fi O/C 4 Plt KT

41 Wiglif

43 Plt Sgt Grenny

Edited by Tjay

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR MECH INF

CV9030-Fi will have two fire team dismounts, one of 4 persons, one of 3. Each fire team will have NLAW with 1 ready and 2 stored. This is one more than normal but will give the Mech Inf plenty of shooting opportunities!

CV90 dismounts revert to NLAW 1/1, but the platoon has an extra vehicle with Javelin teams.

Start time changed to daylight (0900) to allow for some terrain analysis prior to start.

Please DO TRY to be on time! There will be no 'Pause and Restart' after start time +10min.