New Site

Sean

• Administrators

Well, if you are reading this, the new site is on now.  It's totally different from the old one so everything is going to work differently.  Many thanks to Homer for his many hours of hard work on this setup.  It was a great team effort!

One thing that most users will have to do is to reload their signature image.  I don't think the old ones carried over correctly, at least mine did not.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Sean said:

Well, if you are reading this, the new site is on now.  It's totally different from the old one so everything is going to work differently.  Many thanks to Homer for his many hours of hard work on this setup.  It was a great team effort!

One thing that most users will have to do is to reload their signature image.  I don't think the old ones carried over correctly, at least mine did not.

Good job guys!!!!

• Members

I appreciate the work! I wonder though.. is there a way to customize the display? Because..

• there's so much whitespace everywhere (just look at the line spacing!). So much wasted space between buttons, between posts, at the top of the forum..
  • dark gray text on gray background?
  • the text is super small, making it super hard to read (plus, the color!)
  • for topics, user names etc, only the (tiny) text is clickable, it's pixel hunting..
  • Yes I guess I'm old and antisocial, but what's with all these notifications and 'follow' stuff (come on there's buttons for twitter, digg, g+, facebook, delicious, reddit, stumbleupon, linkedin(!!!))

In general I'm afraid right now I'm really not happy about the usability of this new forum :/

Edited by Retro
because i can

1 hour ago, Retro said:

I appreciate the work! I wonder though.. is there a way to customize the display? Because..

• there's so much whitespace everywhere (just look at the line spacing!). So much wasted space between buttons, between posts, at the top of the forum..
  • dark gray text on gray background?
  • the text is super small, making it super hard to read (plus, the color!)
  • for topics, user names etc, only the (tiny) text is clickable, it's pixel hunting..
  • Yes I guess I'm old and antisocial, but what's with all these notifications and 'follow' stuff (come on there's buttons for twitter, digg, g+, facebook, delicious, reddit, stumbleupon, linkedin(!!!))

In general I'm afraid right now I'm really not happy about the usability of this new forum :/

Bottom of the page > Theme > Default

Completely changes the look of the site. Although it doesn't resolve all of the issues you mentioned.

(Personally, I like the new look.)

Edited by Lt DeFault
Added my opinion. :)