New Site

Sean

I don't seem to have access to any PMs sent to me. I can only see the ones that I've sent...and those are each listed multiple times. It's as if my sent messages are being shown in place of the replies to them.

Not a big deal for me, personally. I'm sure you guys would like a break from coding. So, if it takes a while to fix, I'll certainly understand. ;) Otherwise, I'm thoroughly enjoying the new site. Thanks, again!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

agree with Grenny.

Played a little bit with the signature and have a problem.

I uploaded some pictures to see how it looks like.

If I now put one picture in the signature field and "save" then the other 2 pictures I uploaded will show up too in the signature window and I getan error message.

How can I delete the pictures I don`t want?

cheers

D u k e

7 hours ago, Volcano said:

Just FYI for everyone, if you dislike the background colors then press the black and white background button at the top.

Anyway, nice site with powerful tools I see. Awesome show, great job!

But but where's the fun in complaining ? :(

• Administrators

Thanks for the feedback, guys.  I'll be making changes as we go along.

Yes, there is more whitespace with this forum over the old VB.  That seems to be the thing these days.  

Private messages - I would just empty them out and start over.  

34 minutes ago, Zaphod said:

the real issue i have is seeing new posts . It is not as obvious

Goto unread content (top right) then click mark all as read (bottom right).  It will be more obvious when everything is not marked as unread.

8 hours ago, TSe419E said:
8 hours ago, TSe419E said:

...takes you to a list of every unread topic in the forum.  I was thinking something that would take you to the first unread post in the topic you were actually in.

Goto "Unread Content" (top right) > Unread Content title bar > click on "edit this stream"  (top left)

4 hours ago, Lt DeFault said:

Just paste the URL of the video and it will show up. :)

Ah, I didn't actually try that, doh! Old posts with videos are broken, with just the video ID number present, so I just assumed it wasn't going to work.

Fascinating... you can resize images, including emoticons... :o

17 hours ago, Homer said:

Goto "Unread Content" (top right) > Unread Content title bar > click on "edit this stream"  (top left)

I have marked all threads/posts/topics as read and played around with a few of the options in the "edit this stream" window but I'm obviously not clicking on the right buttons or combinations of.

I can bring up unread threads/topics, but being more rather than less PC illiterate, can someone tell me what I need to do to view or go to the first unread post within a thread/topic.

I know the site is still a work in progress and I'm sure I will get the hang of it and it's new features in time, but at the moment...  NFI

Thanks

hrmgrmblfmbl. changes. i dislike em. 

biggest gripe for me is the site is a bit less responsive now. 

also background, don't like the rainbow colour.

the share buttons on the bottom i will never use. 

new file attachment system might be useful though. 

calendar too is great.

Edited by dejawolf

44 minutes ago, Fincastle said:

No, that just takes you to the last post not the first unread post.

Hmmm...I thought it worked for me. But seeing as I've visited this forum quite often recently, I can't test it further. Perhaps one of the devs will chime in soon.

EDIT: Ssnake did have this advice:

On 3/18/2016 at 2:49 AM, Ssnake said:

In the topic list, look at the round or star-shaped speck. Unfortunately the sensitive area for the click is rather finicky, only a few pixels wide. I hope that can be adjusted to a more click error tolerant size.

Edited by Lt DeFault
More info.