License inactive?

FSKRipper

Hey guys,

I encountered a problem after upgrading to Win10. I tried to find the recommended Version 5.21b for the Codemeter Software without success. Current Version is 6.10. When trying to start Steelbeast the game hangs on a White loading Screen. After checking my licenses I encountered an entry showing that it is not activated (see attached pic). Any ideas?

Greetings

Felix

Codemeter.jpg

Edited by FSKRipper

• Members

Don't confuse entries for the virtual CM stick with those of your physical one.

• Virtual sticks can be recognized by their ten-digit serial code, preceded by either 32767-xxxxxxxxxx (empty) or 128-xxxxxxxxxx (containing a license)
  • Virtual sticks get installed with Steel Beasts
  • Virtual sticks are exclusively used by Steel Beasts for time-based licenses; if you own a (physical) stick, chances are that you can ignore them completely unless you know that you ordered and installed a time-limited license at some point

Owners of the classic (perpetual) license usually need not worry about it at all. Physical USB sticks have a seven-digit serial code with a production lot number prefix, at the moment that'd be 1-, 2-, or 3-xxxxxxx.

The latest CodeMeter runtime software can be downloaded from here. This may be advisable if a new Windows version is installed that wasn't available at the time of the Steel Beasts Pro PE release, in this case Windows 10 and SB Pro PE 3.0 and earlier.

Thanks guys for your quick help. Even if I did the complete reinstall procedure it was not necessary after all.

The reason for my problem seems to be a connected XBox Elite Gamepad. Even if I have numerous devices connected, which never caused a problem (Warthog Hotas, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Track IR) the gamepad seems to be the killer. Without everything works fine, plugged in and SB hangs in the loading screen forever. I think I have some homework to do in understanding the deeper Codemeter logics. But maybe you could also take something home, replicate my problem and warn some lazy guys who try to use a/this gamepad :D  

Edited by FSKRipper

• Members

It may be a "general hardware issue", and not so much one where your gamepad is to be blamed. CodeMeter react rather sensitive to lower voltage conditions; it's a defense against software pirates. Anyway, while other USB devices may be more tolerant to conditions outside of the USB specification, CodeMeter is not. Now, low voltage may occur for a number of reasons, one being another device drawing more juice than it should, or maybe the connection between mainboard and USB plug is JUST so that the extra current drawn by a device lets the voltage drop below the critical level.

So, it "can happen" with noone in particular to take the blame, except the laws of nature. ;)

Thanks for the first class support guys. Thats the reason why I love this community :D.. I will make some tests to track the reason why this was happening. 

In the meantime I would consider my problems as solved.

Update: Did several test runs without other USB pheriphals and in different combinations. Seems that the gamepad (or it's generic drivers) remains the reason for the hanging program startup. No big issue from my side, I will continue to take a look with Win10 development going on. Maybe it will work one day B|        

Edited by FSKRipper