Victory Condidtions Help

Werewolf

I'd like to create a set of victory conditions something like this: Both sides (player and AI) start with 100 pts

Player:

Is penalized if he fires 1st without either having been fired upon by enemy OR enemy units enter a custom region and player gets message OKAY to engage. OKAY to engage would be an event. That simulates command authority to fire if enemy crosses the border - stupid politicians - may just decide to pull 'em back. The logic is extremely simple. What isn't simple is detecting when the player fires - that's what I cannot figure out how to do.

• Members

There's at least a condition to check if a specific unit is under direct fire. I suppose you could create multiple global (nameable) conditions that check at least a healthy sample of your units in the scenario that you can combine into one condition that you can reference in an event. Do the same on the Red side. Then create an event that checks if one condition (Red units under (direct) fire) is true while the other condition (Blue units under fire) has not been true for the last minute(s) (to cover the eventuality that the player doesn't shoot back immediately).

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

There's at least a condition to check if a specific unit is under direct fire. I suppose you could create multiple global (nameable) conditions that check at least a healthy sample of your units in the scenario that you can combine into one condition that you can reference in an event. Do the same on the Red side. Then create an event that checks if one condition (Red units under (direct) fire) is true while the other condition (Blue units under fire) has not been true for the last minute(s) (to cover the eventuality that the player doesn't shoot back immediately).

Completely unnecessary to check individual units. There is the catch all (Friendly/Known enemy/enemy) units anywhere are under direct fire. To stop AI units firing at the enemy you can set them to be neutral under the side setup and change that when the enemy cross the border (using the enemy units in region X > 0 ) logic. This means the friendly AI will not engage until a border breach. Then all you need to check for is the player which you can do as I described above.

7 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

Completely unnecessary to check individual units. There is the catch all (Friendly/Known enemy/enemy) units anywhere are under direct fire. To stop AI units firing at the enemy you can set them to be neutral under the side setup and change that when the enemy cross the border (using the enemy units in region X > 0 ) logic. This means the friendly AI will not engage until a border breach. Then all you need to check for is the player which you can do as I described above.

Ah hah...

I do believe DarkAngel that you have hit the nail on the head with your suggestions. I'll travel down that path and see if I can build a set of events that will work.

Thanks, man...

Talking to Volcano about this. Apparently you would want to do the logic on the "Enemy" side. if you set them to Neutral then by definition they will not be "Enemy". However if you put the logic on the "Enemy" side and have the border breach as (Friendly forces in region (x) > 0) and to check if they are taking fire (Friendly units anywhere are under direct fire). Of course you could get fancy. Put a delay after the "Friendly forces in region(x)" logic and make 2 regions one a "Home" area where they are not invading and a second for the player land (to check for invasion). Then you could change the second logic to (Friendly units in region home are under direct fire) if the player shoots at units which have breached the border then it won't trigger the logic.