UK Armour/Kanium Sunday 27/03/20

Tjay

On 23/03/2016 at 6:41 PM, Gibsonm said:

Ah great a 0430 wake up call. :(

Not much I can do about the clocks! Are yours about to/have just gone the other way?

Both our holders of 8+ licences look doubtful for Sunday. If push comes to shove, could you host?

Still need a C.O for this. Cut off time for volunteering is 19:00Z today, Saturday. I will check back here at that time and if someone has stepped up I will post a link to the .sce file. That will allow 24hr for planning. Best to open the mission in the mission editor, create your plan and save the file with '+plan' in the title. That will ensure the plan and map launch together. Please provide a link here to your file for Dr Hat to pick up at 17:00Z latest. Start time is 18:00Z (7pm in UK; 8pm in Denmark). 

If no one steps up I will do it, but it would be nice to see someone new have a go. 

Can I just confirm that this will start at 1800 GMT?

That equates to 0500 here which is fine.

However the Calendar entry, created after this thread was created, displays 0300 as my local start time (perhaps a typo)?

I'll work on the 0500 start and if I miss it, my apologies, but I'm not keen to get up at 0230 if it does start at 0500 for me.

Edited by Gibsonm
Clarification.

40 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

However the Calendar entry, created after this thread was created, displays 0300 as my local start time (perhaps a typo)?

I'll work on the 0500 start and if I miss it, my apologies, but I'm not keen to get up at 0230 if it does start at 0500 for me.

If you look at Tjays first post there are almost always a world time clock which if you click it it will show you the time in the local timezone

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=UKA+27%2F03%2F2016&year=&month=03&day=27&hour=18&min=00&sec=0&p1=%3A

5 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Confirmed as 18:00Z. The calendar seems to be f...., err not quite right .

NARRATIVE AAR

Despite a lower turnout than recent missions (almost certainly due to interference from Easter bunnies) it was a good night.

The .sce file, including plan graphics can be found here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37947215/The%20Town%20That%20Was%20Callsigns_%2Bplan.rar

Basically, 1st Plt (Major Duck) got EA1, 2nd Plt (Swordsman) got EA2 and India Platoon Mech Inf (Katie) got EA3. 3rd Plt (12A, all on his lonesome) was held in reserve. His Plt was eventually split into 2 sections; one going to support 1 Plt, the other to support 2 Plt. Good shooting, rearming and resupply resulted in the very heavy and sustained assault being defeated before any vehicles were able to penetrate the town bounndaries. Game ended at H+1:05 when the Apaches arrived - finding nothing to do!

Notable points were: 

1. Katie getting his platoon well forward on the right front in the short time before the enemy started pouring in from the North, and bushwacking them as they went past.

2. Swordsman finding out that the scrapes provided were, to use his word, 'deathtraps'. The lesson being: Don't trust a defensive position provided for you buy someone you don't know! Recovery of his platoon to better positions with the loss of only one vehicle was very well done. 

3. Excellent coordination between 2plt and India in the latter stages to protect the right flank.

4. All round excellent communication

5. The decision by the C.O not to interfere with his platoon commanders and let them get on with it.

The .aar file can be found here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37947215/The%20Town%20That%20Was%20Callsigns_%2Bplan_032716GAMES_11904.rar

Link to Swordsman's Movie. Sound is apparently double-tracked for some reason.

Edited by Tjay

6 hours ago, Tjay said:

Despite a lower turnout than recent missions (almost certainly due to interference from Easter bunnies) it was a good night.

Well you could have had one more player except your comments made it impossible for me to stay.

I hope the others enjoyed themselves.

It is noted. 

I fully respect the need not to fraps or record when people has RL restrictions against it.  

We all accept that I hope. 

My wish for the steelbeasts community is to minimise stuff like this and just game together. 

I hope we all agree and can minimise this in future. The more people playing the more fun it is I hope. 

No problem Matsimus. We ALL respect the fact that some people can not attend multiplayer sessions that are recorded because they consider that to do so would violate their 'terms of employment'. The problem in this case was a misunderstanding of what was intended as a joke, nothing more.

However, it will be UKA's policy in future to not only allow recording but to encourage it, because post mission analysis is such a valuable training tool. Also pefectly happy for people like yourself to publish those videos outside the SB Pro PE community for entertainment and promotional purposes.

Edited by Tjay

1 hour ago, Tjay said:

No problem Matsimus. We ALL respect the fact that some people can not attend multiplayer sessions that are recorded because they consider that to do so would violate their 'terms of employment'. The problem in this case was a misunderstanding of what was intended as a joke, nothing more.

However, it will be UKA's policy in future to not only allow recording but to encourage it, because post mission analysis is such a valuable training tool. Also pefectly happy for people like yourself to publish those videos outside the SB Pro PE community for entertainment and promotional purposes.

That's of course the people running the sessions perogative. 

As in previous sessions when someone cannot be recorded there are ways to work around this.

Maximus proved this very well on the 13th of March. 

My personal view on this is that this is something we sort out before the session. 

It is something that can easily coexist. 

My 2 cents on this.

Now on to more mission and planning and pewpew. 

My post  is intended to make it quite clear what UK Armour's policy in respect of recording is to avoid any misunderstandings and to save discussion of ad-hoc 'workarounds' prior to mission start . As such it stands.