M1 based TTB and CATTB.

Damian90

My friend found two extremely rare photos of TTB (Tank Tes Bed) and CATTB (Components Advanced Technology Test Bed).

1465197_1686238371631936_483167445889350

TTB, designed and builded around 30 years before anyone dreamed about T-14 "Armata", what a shame it was never pushed to prototype stage.

11416377_1684934818428958_48425236608297

CATTB, there was no other photo showing this vehicle from it's right side.

6 hours ago, Damian90 said:

TTB, designed and builded around 30 years before anyone dreamed about T-14 "Armata", what a shame it was never pushed to prototype stage.

I wonder what the reasons were for it's abandonment, and if the Russian have since been able to overcome them.

1 hour ago, Tacbat said:

I wonder what the reasons were for it's abandonment, and if the Russian have since been able to overcome them.

i'd say end of cold war, the abrams already being pretty damn badass and quite frankly, the cost. the Armata is freakishly expensive already.

1 hour ago, RogueSnake79 said:

Damian90, if you knew how excited Dejawolf got when talking about this vehicle...   You might have not posted this thread:x

Heh, I am also a big fan of this vehicle. The best thing is, it's not at Fort Benning in National Armor and Cavalry Museum, I seen somewhere a photo where they were moving it closer to restoration shop, so there is a good chance it might be restored one day.

@Dejawolf, great photos, the interior one is interesting!

By the way if someone is interested. http://www.benning.army.mil/armor/eARMOR/content/issues/1995/MAR_APR/ArmorMarchApril1995web.pdf

Here is article about TTB autoloader and several other designs. US probably designed the most advanced autoloaders in history... and the joke of history is, non of them were adopted for service unfortunetaly.

Here TTB autoloader in action, among other stuff.

Edited by Damian90