Buying Steel Beasts

dennis1945

i am very interested in purchasing steel beasts, but a bit confused by

the (possible) number of versions.

i have the money to pay for the highest level available to civvies like me,

but don't know which to choose.

What price will i pay and for what version?

and is the sim download only or does it come in a box?

thank you

• Members

You may be confused by different license options, but they are all for the same version.

We offer time-based licenses (they will expire after one, four, or twelve months after first use). For these, no upgrade fees apply, and they are cheaper for the first few years of use (five to seven, per our calculation).

We also offer the "classic" licenses which are permanent/forever - for the version for which they were bought. So, whenever we release a major update, we offer upgrades at a reduced price. The next major upgrade is scheduled for this June.

If this is your first purchase, then you need to buy the New License option @ $115.   You will get a codemeter stick in the mail, and download everything else.

The optional things are a printed manual, and DVD disk.  At added cost, listed at the bottom of the page.

So, if you want a printed manual, and disk, you should put a "1" in those boxes, as well as the New license box.

The new total would be $137.90

store.jpg

Edited by RogueSnake79

If you buy the $115 option, you will get a codemeter stick in the mail.    So, you can start downloading the software right away.  Then you just need to wait for the stick to arrive.  

Or, if you are impatient, you could also buy the Time-Limited License, for one month, for $9.50.   And download the game, and play it tonight while you wait on the stick in the mail. 

• Members

$115.- gets you a CodeMeter USB stick by mail, an SB Pro PE 3.0 license, and a one-month license so you can play already while waiting for the mail delivery of your CM stick.

I do recommend the printed manual, it's not only a useful reference, but probably also more practical than to open the PDF on the same screen while you have Steel Beasts running. But that's a matter of taste.

Manual is great. Its been lot of use to me over the time, especially useful if you wish to go larger missions with more units and create your own scenarios. But really, if you at all hesitate. Just take look at PDF version of manual, and play with sim for a while to see if you want to go deeper and to learn more. If you do, then its worth of every cent. 

Welcome to group of Steelbeasters ^^  

So basicly, you buy the 115$ permanent licence and you get a 1 month licence FOR FREE while you wait for the dongle?

No, we were only showing that if you want to play right away, you could spend an extra $10 bucks and get a  limited license to go with the standard.  So the combined cost would then be $125 ish.

Edited by RogueSnake79
quoting weirdness

7 minutes ago, RogueSnake79 said:

No, we were only showing that if you want to play right away, you could spend an extra $10 bucks and get a  limited license to go with the standard.  So the combined cost would then be $125 ish.

That is what Ssnake said(my bold):

$115.- gets you a CodeMeter USB stick by mail, an SB Pro PE 3.0 license, and a one-month license so you can play already while waiting for the mail delivery of your CM stick.

I do recommend the printed manual, it's not only a useful reference, but probably also more practical than to open the PDF on the same screen while you have Steel Beasts running. But that's a matter of taste.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

hi there i am from spain and i wish to buy the game ,does the game need internet conection to play or once introducing the code you can play

cna you give me a tutorial how te instalation and fuction proces works ,for example i want to install athe game a difrent computer like the older games where you ad a disc and a cd key  you can install it on other computer.

Hi And velcome

Yes and no
Yes if you want to play online with the rest of us there are different groups that play PVP , COOP and a mix of those

If you only want to play alone or have some friends that you wish to play with on a LAN then no but i honestly don't recommend it as upgrades are going to be a bitch to get, and this SIM / Game is so much better online then alone.

The 3 most active groups right now is TGIF, ANZAC and Kanium though there are a Spanish group called 3Reg Tizoma but i haven't heard from them recently they sometimes played with us in Kanium making a whole platoon of spanish speaking guys.

TGIF is friday Night at oh dark 0300 CET and is mostly PVP
ANZAC is Thursday morning around 0900 depending on the time of year and is mostly as Historically and organisationally correct and a mix of PVP and COOP
Kanium is 2000 CET sunday evening and are either coop or COOP vs opfor.

All groups are very new guys friendly as we are a small community

The last option is adhoc which there is a thread on the forum for mostly small groups with a mix of PVP and COOP

IF you need help with install you can get on Kaniums discord server and get help there directly because we come from all over the world so there are almost always someone on and willing to help either via speech or text message
and i do recommend reading the pdf on how to install as its not just click it needs to be done in the right order

Best regards

MD

Also Mark Gibson the leader of ANZAC has a starter wiki page with a lot of good info he will prolly post it too you in a short while 

Edited by Major duck

1 hour ago, Levente Norbert Rozsnai said:

hi there i am from spain and i wish to buy the game ,does the game need internet conection to play or once introducing the code you can play

cna you give me a tutorial how te instalation and fuction proces works ,for example i want to install athe game a difrent computer like the older games where you ad a disc and a cd key  you can install it on other computer.

Para instalar el simulador, todas las instrucciones estan en la pagina web de downloads en esimgames.com. Hay que seguir las instrucciones, muy importante.

https://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1607

Para comprar el simulador, tenes que elejir en la pagina webshop el produto y el upgrade para la ultima version. Ahi tambien se puede comprar licencias adicionales por un precio reduzido.

https://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1530

Edited by stormrider_sp

• Members
1 hour ago, Levente Norbert Rozsnai said:

does the game need internet conection to play or once introducing the code you can play

After activation, no internet connection is required.

The Release Notes contain a step-by-step description of the installation process. They can be found on our Download page (link is in the previous post). It's permitted to install Steel Beasts on every computer that you own. The classic license with CodeMeter USB stick would allow you to plug the key in on whichever machine you want to play, or to set up one computer in the home LAN as a license server. It's even possible to get additional licenses at a reduced price in that case. With time based licenses, each computer would need its own license.

3 hours ago, Major duck said:

Also Mark Gibson the leader of ANZAC has a starter wiki page with a lot of good info he will prolly post it too you in a short while 

Welcome too.

Happy to provide the link but its not "my" page, its everyone's. :)

Mind you this is mainly aimed at people after installation. As already mentioned, the Release Notes are probably the best place to get a step by step installation guide.

Just like the other offers, if you want some help, just post here or send me a PM.