M1A1 Roof

Ablemaster

Been working on the roof for the challenger i uploaded yesterday, just had to do a roof for it :) and will upload later on or maybe tomorrow,

fitted a fire extinguisher seen many phots with them on both M1A1'S and Challenger's in red too,

FX1.jpg

FXC.jpg

PS any one know about this white mark, appears to be on vanilla M1A1 too, just curious, cant get rid of it, real shame, wondered if its been mentioned before, cheers guys.

WM1.jpg

Ive done some searching, and noticed that the graphics glitch is on many pictures from the TC's position guess it must be an in game buggy kind of thingy, [ see i can be techical when i try ] :( oh well no big deal, anyways back to the skinng want to get this roof done and add it to the m1a1 challenger, then put it to bed for now. Learning lots here, and with all the many talented skiners here, hope to learn more from you all, cheers guys.

Yeh thanks, got that i mean the graphics glitch, it seems to be in every picture i see from others, and looks the same on your pictures from your roof file also, guesing that it is a known problem then. Or is it actually ment to be white? Just curious, no biggy anyway, :)

GLITCH.jpg

Yeh thanks, got that i mean the graphics glitch, it seems to be in every picture i see from others, and looks the same on your pictures from your roof file also, guesing that it is a known problem then. Or is it actually ment to be white? Just curious, no biggy anyway, :)

GLITCH.jpg

Thats what I said in a previous post that it is a problem with the UV map of that particular file of polygons. Since we as skinners have no control over the poly-models we cannot change the UV map that is something that only the Devs can do. They are aware of the problem as it exist on several models. examples are Pirhanna 3 on the ma deuce and the outside track of the M-113 Tenix. And the part on the M-240 that looks like a cigarette,etc. Hopefully they will be repaired at some point in the future.\, I think they have been there since the original release. BTW nice job on your first skin.

put this file into the textures folder:

http://www.dejawolf.com/steelbeasts/vehicles/spring.zip

as for the abrams needing more fire extinguishers...

here you can see the TC's personal fire extinguisher:

fireextinguisher.jpg

fireextinguishergnr.jpg

here's the 3 halon bottles in the hull, which fires off automatically:

extinguishers.jpg

and here's the detectors for the automatic fire extinguishers:

firedetectors.jpg

Been working on the roof for the challenger i uploaded yesterday, just had to do a roof for it :) and will upload later on or maybe tomorrow,

fitted a fire extinguisher seen many phots with them on both M1A1'S and Challenger's in red too,

PS any one know about this white mark, appears to be on vanilla M1A1 too, just curious, cant get rid of it, real shame, wondered if its been mentioned before, cheers guys.

Great job! Loved the fire extinguisher, BTW.:)

kind of missing the point here guys, its not supposed to be an M1A1, but a Challenger 1, most CH1's particulary during the nineties carried upto 3 external fire extinguishers one either side of forward mud guards and one on the roof, to depict this i placed one on the roof, anyways also just a bit of fun here, the upload comes with a choice, with or without. Found plenty of pictures with them fitted, plus i served in 15/19th for 4 yrs on chieftains and saw ch1's just before i transfered to the navy and done 18 yrs service then, [ got tired of living in holes :) ]No biggy cheers.

CH1FX.jpg

Things must really change on the M1A1's from the time they leave the factory. The turret roof is great with the exception of where the fire extinguisher is located, is actually the ballistic sight for the .50 machine gun. I know now that the Marines have a thermal sight system for the .50. In my 21 years in the Marines, I've never seen a fire extinguisher mounted in that position.

Tanks

Andy

Agreed!

its a Challenger he has done, not a M1 wich gives him "artistic license" to reform wtf he wants, he can paint the 0.50 like a watergun if he like, so bitching about details whats whats on a M1 is pointless here.

/KT

Ok, sorry just that when you look at the pictures regardless it looks like a Challenger with a M1 vis mod I guess. Sorry for jumping the gun I guess but all of the pictures show M1 components.

Tanks

Andy

• 4 weeks later...
Things must really change on the M1A1's from the time they leave the factory. The turret roof is great with the exception of where the fire extinguisher is located, is actually the ballistic sight for the .50 machine gun. I know now that the Marines have a thermal sight system for the .50. In my 21 years in the Marines, I've never seen a fire extinguisher mounted in that position.

Tanks

Andy

I thought the same thing.