WW2 Song of Indian Army

ashdivay

"This is the regimental song of Assam Regiment ' Badluram ka Badan zamin ke niche hai...aur hamko uska ration milta hai ' ...this is performed by young recruits in their regtl center after every Oath taking Parade on the stadium stairs that overlook the parade ground in Happy Valley Shillong...it's a treat to see this performance...

This is based on second world war true story....one solider by the name Badlu Ram died in war but the company Quarter Master forgot to strike out his name and continued to draw rations for him too. Obviously this resulted in creation of surplus ration over a period of few months. Then this company was surrounded by Japanese and cut off logistically. At that time the surplus ration of Badlu Ram saw them through the siege or else they would have starved to death. Thus the song."

3 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

What the hell are those doing on video and why...  are they drunk or is it purposeful to be that... extreme..  even to silliness?

Its a show. There is an element of being a peacock when it comes to such things. Its just how it is.

6 hours ago, Marko said:

I would not like to be on the receiving end of those big ass arty guns 3 rounds in fourteen seconds

Those were some serious pieces of hardware.

and yes there going on my SB wish list,

Yeah Haubits 77 would be nice to have in SB, but Sweden took them apart and made the Archer out of them instead. 

10 hours ago, Marko said:

I would not like to be on the receiving end of those big ass arty guns 3 rounds in fourteen seconds

Those were some serious pieces of hardware.

and yes there going on my SB wish list,

yes, but only after the indian soldiers have completed their entry into India's got talent.

17 hours ago, TankHunter said:

Its a show. There is an element of being a peacock when it comes to such things. Its just how it is.

Its pretty weird. But oh well, there a lot of things for example in Finland that make other peoples laugh their asses of again and again. - Thank you for your answer Tank Hunter.