1st Indian Built Apache very soon

ashdivay

The first Indian-built AH-64E Apache fuselage, built in Hyderabad by the Boeing-Tata Advanced Systems Ltd joint venture, will be rolled out in 2018, with the first chopper to be delivered to the Indian Air Force in 2019.

The re-designated AH-64D Block III will be arrive in an unspecified mix of Longbow and non-Longbow configurations and will form two helicopter units within the Indian Air Force. 

IAF will get total off 22 aircraft with possibly every other being longbow version. 

Indian Army will possibly get 11.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

I love the time scale where delivered to the customer in 2019 = "very soon". :)

Then user acceptance trials, then production delivery in XXXX?

Its a established platform , does it really need long user trials?

Like c130 and c-17 , the delivery, training and integration will be comparatively faster than other new platforms. 

4 minutes ago, ashdivay said:

Its a established platform , does it really need long user trials?

Well that probably depends on what "tweaks" India is planning on making.

If it was a direct "off the shelf" purchase maybe not, if its got a new radar, or missile, or engine, or whatever, ...

Then the Indians need to train up on it. Just because you have one new helicopter doesn't mean you have a capability.

If 11 aircraft is a Squadron/Company (Air Force/Army) then I guess when the 12th air frame is delivered they can start to build a collective capability.

3 hours ago, mpow66m said:

arent they developing their own AH?

Yes, Light Combat Helicopter  (LCH) ,Air force will get 65 LCHs and the Army is to get 114 of these.

This is still going thru trials, this is why I think Apache is being bought/produced to fill the immediate  need for AH and to appease the Americans for some kind of tech transfer. 

One major aspect is Joint venture between Tata and Boeing to produce the Apache in India , this will enable TATA to acquire know how and experience. 

3 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Then the Indians need to train up on it. Just because you have one new helicopter doesn't mean you have a capability.

If 11 aircraft is a Squadron/Company (Air Force/Army) then I guess when the 12th air frame is delivered they can start to build a collective capability.

Off-course not. Never did i say the capability is acquired on day one of delivery of 1st platform. 

This thread is simply to share info on developments from the part of sphere which might not be in your scope of interest.

11 hours ago, ashdivay said:

Yes, Light Combat Helicopter  (LCH) ,Air force will get 65 LCHs and the Army is to get 114 of these.

This is still going thru trials, this is why I think Apache is being bought/produced to fill the immediate  need for AH and to appease the Americans for some kind of tech transfer. 

One major aspect is Joint venture between Tata and Boeing to produce the Apache in India , this will enable TATA to acquire know how and experience. 

Looks alot like a Cobra from the pics ive seen.Tho very squareish looking,is it suppossed to be steathy in the end?

32 minutes ago, ashdivay said:

Why didn't camanche get inducted into service ?

Think F35 but w/ rotars.It was supp to replace the Kiowa.It wasnt in compatition with the Apache I dont think,thus the designation RAH66.Recon/attack.But as someone already mentioned the 64 was better.

Edited by mpow66m

2 hours ago, dejawolf said:

too expensive, and apache was already superior to most things available at the time, so it just wasn't neccesary.

That's like saying scout vehicles are unnecessary because the MBT is better.  Politics and changing doctrines killed the program.

2 hours ago, mpow66m said:

Think F35 but w/ rotars.It was supp to replace the Kiowa.It wasnt in compatition with the Apache I dont think,thus the designation RAH66.Recon/attack.But as someone already mentioned the 64 was better.

The root of the F-35 problems is the US Marines. 

the root of the F35 is it sucks and a one size fits all approach.cant be fueled in the desert also.unless fuel is cool and a million other things.honest pilots who have flew say the F16 is more maneunerable and has better SA.plus it only has one engine on all models,deadly for a CAS in most cases.the A10 and SU25 are better at CAS than the F35 will ever be.15 years from now we ll be seeing the pentagon wars prtII-F35.9_9.plus its a uneeded money pit.:$

https://www.rt.com/usa/pentagon-f35-report-combat-012/

Edited by mpow66m

7 minutes ago, mpow66m said:

the root of the F35 is it sucks and a one size fits all approach.cant be fueled in the desert also.unless fuel is cool and a million other things.honest pilots who have flew say the F16 is more maneunerable and has better SA.plus it only has one engine on all models,deadly for a CAS in most cases.the A10 and SU25 are better at CAS than the F35 will ever be.15 years from now we ll be seeing the pentagon wars prtII-F35.9_9.plus its a uneeded money pit.:$

https://www.rt.com/usa/pentagon-f35-report-combat-012/

One size fits all can never be good. 

Lets see how things progress. Hope fully Americans will sell a few to Pakis. 

I would love to see future scenario Pak F-35 vs Indian Su-30MKI

6 hours ago, Homer said:

That's like saying scout vehicles are unnecessary because the MBT is better.  Politics and changing doctrines killed the program.

~41 million for one RAH-66, in 2002 when one AH-64A cost 20 million.

it's a bit like arguing for buying one stryker, when you can have 2 abrams tanks for the same price.