[Kanium] - 11th ACR: Delay at Bad Hersfeld - Sunday April 24th 1800 UTC

Welcome to [Kanium] - 11th ACR: Delay at Bad Hersfeld - Sunday April 24th 1800 UTC

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Kanium+Sunday+game&iso=20160424T20&p1=4609&ah=2

Teamspeak: Server info: teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077
PASSWORD: NO PASSWORD REQUIRED

1) SITUATION:

a) Enemy:
    In the last two hours we have been under heavy attack from 39th Guards Motor Rifle Division. As expected we are being forced back towards Bad Hersfeld and our minefields have been breached north of Bebra. Enemy units have been hit hard by both air attacks and our     rotary assets. It is assesed that some units have been pulled out of actions already and second echelon forces have been deployed. Remaining MRR regiments we believe is at less than 75% combat streght left.

Enemy appears to have three Course of Actions (COA) and looks to be focusing on two of them. Main effort (COA-1) from Herlefhausen south-west via Highway 4 and the second effort (COA-2) from Lüderbach and Ringbach south-west Highway 27. Both with main             objective being Bad Hersfeld. COA-3 appears to be a probe going west/south-west along Landstrasse 3336.

Enemy main effort (COA-1) appears to be along Highway 4 with 120th Guards MRR (motor rifle regiment), 117th Guards MRR, leading the way. Backing them up is the 15th Guards Tank Regiment. 

Enemy secondary effort (COA-2) is via Highway 27 with what we believe is 11th recon battalion leading and with 172nd Guards MRR following close behind. We have reason to believe that 80th Tank regiment is split between COA-1 and COA-2.

Enemy is focusing main rotary effort on COA-1. Units identified 39th Helicoptor Squadron has been in action in that area. 

Enemy air forces is still a threat so air warning: yellow.

b) Own:
    3/11th is at war. We have been in the fight for several hours now and have giving ground only when forced to. Lima and Mike Troop have been fighting a delay from Lüderbach since this morning with support from 4th Squadron(Air). They are pressed hard and need to         resupply and rearm soon. 

- India Troop (YOU!)(90% strenght)) is setting up for a delay in the valley north of Bad Hersfeld covering COA-2. 
    - Kilo Troop (90% strenght) is setting up in the valley North-East of Bad Hersfeld covering COA-1. 
    - Lima Troop (60% strenght) is going through Bad Hersfeld and heading for the Squadrons Assembly and resupply area.
    - Mike Troop (50% strenght) is going through Bad Hersfeld and heading for the Squadrons Assembly and resupply area.

It is CO 3/11th intend to fight a delaying action in COA-1 and COA-2 delaying enemy forces for enough time to secure that Lima and Mike troop get the necessary time to rearm and get reinforcements to the area. Hold at least 1 hour if possible. You will have entire              3/11th artillery assets available (2x4 M109s). 4th Squadron(Air) is resupplying and will have a flight ready within 20 minutes to provide support. 

To our left we have a german Jäger Coy and to the right 1/11th ACR.  Entire 11th ACR is heavily engaged and we are awaiting reinforcements to arrive from the rest of V Corps. 

c) Attachments and detachments: 
     We have been assigned 1 PLT from CSS. This is 2xAmmo, 1xARV, 1xMedic. Rest of CSS is at assemly area south of Ba Hersfeld.

More to follow

Edited by Swordsmandk

Manninglist:

India Troop delaying at Bad Hersfeld

Squadron HQ (1 x M1A1, 1 x M2A3): 

CO:

XO:

1st PLT (4 x M1A1):

I11: Cavgunner

I12:

I13:

I14: Bond_villain

2nd PLT(4 x M1A1):

I21: Major Duck

I22:

I23:

I24:

3th (6 x M3A2): (3x sections)

I31: Kingtiger

I32:

I33: Grenny

I34:

I35:

I36:

CSS: Supply, medic, recovery

H1:

Morter section:

I5:

OPFOR:

swordsmandk

Edited by Swordsmandk

2 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

You do know that 1800 GMT = 0200 over your way? :)

Haha yeah thanks, hence the "public holiday" remark ( i wont be falling asleep at work the next day). You know youve got a bad gaming habit when youre willing to stay up until 2am just to get started on a game that will probably go for 2 hours or more hey ;)

Will update manning list when home from Work.

Also thx to Cavgunner for some oversights. It is of course M3A2 for this and yes 1 trrop of M3's are not there yet. Depending on manning I might consider adding them later.

I will need a CO for this since I will be controlling red side this time.

7 hours ago, Swordsmandk said:

Will update manning list when home from Work.

Also thx to Cavgunner for some oversights. It is of course M3A2 for this and yes 1 trrop of M3's are not there yet. Depending on manning I might consider adding them later.

I will need a CO for this since I will be controlling red side this time.

I take XO please.

(Not CO, someone can plan the plan, I'll run the plan when the CO snuffs it)

3 hours ago, GaryOwen said:

FYI:  Brevity call signs for 3rd Squadron were:  Sqn = Bandit, I = Invader, (no Juliet Troop, for semi-obvious reasons), K = Killer, L = Leadhorse, M (tank company) = Mauler, How Batt = Gunsmoke.

Very nice .. thx alot. First time doing missions with this so been digging like mad for stuff like that 8)

btw caxn you enlighten me about the dismounts AT weapons. SB shows the as AT-4.

Edited by Swordsmandk

There should only be a couple dismounts in an M3.  They won't be able to carry more than the AT-4.  Also the brevity codes for the platoons within the cav troops, red, white, blue, green, black; 1st, 2d, 3d, 4th, HQ.  1st and 3d were scouts, 2d and 4th were tanks.

Invader Troop delaying at Bad Hersfeld

Squadron HQ (Black)(1 x M1A1, 1 x M2A3): 

CO: Abaddon                      

XO: Hedgehog

1st (Red) (6 x M3A2): (3x sections) (Our superior Mech INF)

I11: Kingtiger

I12: Wiglif

I13: Grenny

I14:

I15: Tjay

I16:

2nd PLT (White)(4 x M1A1)(English speaking):

I21: Cavgunner

I22: Brun

I23: Mirzayev

I24: Bond_villain

3rd (Blue) (6 x M3A2): (3x sections)