Projectile ricochet and night missions?

Wyszir

Hello , Steel Beasts is really good tank sim, bud there are few thinks that missing for me there. First point is missing bullet ricochet - my father served in Czech army and i see many times how works real MG with firing- bullets are bouncing away even when they hit just the ground, not every bud many of them. This effect is visible of course only on tracers. I now that calculation of deflection is not easy bud are you planning in future make this? It helps to add more reality to this good sim. In reality ricoched bullets could fly kilometers away and of course on some cases they could wound troops or damage other objects.

Another ask is about night missions, I know that this is not first time of this question, bud in real combat missions, most of them are in night, because of strategic advantages:] Please in future could you add this feature?:] And trust me, lower just only visibility is not enought:]

Thank you and i hope you will make good work in future on this great tank sim:]

• Members

Actually, with version 2.404 we now have dynamic light cycles, including mid-night sun near the arctic circle (it's a simple model yet reasonably correct). The problem is, it just puts a human user at a disadvantage at this point since it doesn't change the behavior of computer-controlled units in low-light conditions ... but it may help with immersion to start a mission at "first light" early in the morning.

:)

• Members
Does this mean that the light changes (intensifies / decreases) during a mission ?

Would be fantastic.

Like I wrote, dynamic - otherwise it would be static lighting. ;)

And yeah, it is pretty cool for us old SB veterans. The days of permanent high noon are coming to an end. :cool: