Rotareneg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great to see new additions like this

Should give mission designers plenty of scope creating different types of mission the cold war missions are great fun but variety is the spice of life.

PS, on the next wish list I am asking for a barrett 50 cal sniper rifle.

so I can pick off any TC who stick there head out of the turret, LoL

Edited by Marko

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

Plus, in multiplayer it should track the player's chosen position and viewing direction, so there's now an actual tradeoff between situational awareness and vulnerability.

Are the crew figures just for new vehicles or will it apply to existing vehicles as well?

• Members
45 minutes ago, dejawolf said:

all vehicles should have them by release. 

Maybe that's what should be; however, what you will get is that most vehicles will have them. All major combat vehicles have them, also all the vehicles where the absence of crews would be very noticeable. But there are a number of legacy vehicles, e.g. the YPRs, where the crews would not be much exposed typically, and/or where some artwork facelift is scheduled for the coming years anyway. We don't have the manpower and time to guarantee crews for every single vehicle, but about 80...90% will get them. Chances are, in 95% of all the scenarios you play you wouldn't notice the few cases where there are no visible crews.

13 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Maybe that's what should be; however, what you will get is that most vehicles will have them.

That is good enough for me. Having 3d modeled crew in any vehicle is an improvement.

I also agree with OrangeFr3ak's comment, although I can see why BLUFOR vehicles will get the majority of the attention. Still, the T-72M4 would be nice, and since the FCS is based on the Centauro it might be easier to model.

39 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

Hopefully there is way for commander to tell crew not to stick their heads out during combat or while enemy is known to be somewhere nearby.

I assume that telling your crew to button up (using the B key) would execute this exact action. 

• Members

Don't worry about drivers sticking their heads out. Like I wrote in the disclaimer at eSimGames.com, the footage is based on late Alpha/early beta versions. I have to start producing the videos well in advance of the marketing campaign. Making these videos costs a lot of time - getting the right footage, splicing it together to show something coherent, ... anyway, that TAM driver is an example of a bug/incomplete implementation that you won't see in the final release. The beta testers are going through all the vehicles right now to find discrepancies like this, but I'm not redoing the videos that may occasionally show something like that.

Uhm I have for long wanted to ask this...  On Steelbeast when there is crew damage such as lets say Gunner. Is he/ she considered injured, dead or just unable to fill that role? Also..  what kind of damage triggers this..  anything that even scratches hitbox of gunner? or does it need certain amount of erm..  from damaging effect? 

3 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

I'm just worried that drivers might be sticking their heads out too often and get shot too often. Hopefully there is way for commander to tell crew not to stick their heads out during combat or while enemy is known to be somewhere nearby.

Well on most of the tanks they need to be closed down anyway, otherwise the turret / barrel movement will crush them - let alone enemy fire.