Rotareneg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Well I figured the Francophiles would be all over that.

But to be honest it was mentioned by KT and Scrapper_511.

Ah yes, now I see.  I didn't go that far back through the thread.

It'll be interesting to see which, if any, of the new vehicles are crewable.

Anybody else having a problem identifying some of the new Wheeled additions in the video

There's a couple I have never seen before.

I have an old janes vehicle identification book and there not in it.

Edited by Marko

7 minutes ago, mpow66m said:

whats the wheeled vech w/ the tall attena(sp?) mast?

Probably a command vehicle. its the variant with the ATGM mount that has me stumped

Edited by Marko

AMV 8x8 product family

The basic vehicles of AMV 8x8 product family are divided into three hull models, each of them with various versions. All hull models and versions share a maximum amount of common automotive parts and systems thus creating a flexible vehicle platform system suitable for various purposes but still retaining the same spare parts and common in-service-support elements. The hull models are:

* Basic Model (versions like APC, IFV, Reconnaissance Vehicle, FCV, ATGM, MGS, AMOS)

* System Platform (versions like Command and control, Sensoring vehicle with mast, Electronic Warfare Vehicle, Large Workshop Vehicle, ambulance, workshop, NBC-reconnaissance)

7 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Even at first sight only two models would come to mind. And one of the two would have a 105mm gun, which this one doesn't have...

Tried to spot what gun it has mounted and if the using chains as stand off armour on the rear which would indicate it was a mark one.  

but I am in work and my works pc pretty crap cant slow the video down enough

The merkava is the mark2 , I see "bulb" of each side of turret and see the the armor plates fixing with bolts on the turret.

Leclerc, ouraaaa. Good news.

So , the video with m1 ttb battle we can see always no shell eject animation on T72, I so hope for this feature too. And yes , the new tracer effect is much more realistic with recoil animation

So my question is: the Merkava Mk2, which version are we modeling here, the A or the B?  Also which engine are we looking at: the 908hp AVDS-1790-5AR or the modified 950hp AVDS-1790-6?  Gotta get this stuff right for the wiki you know.^_^

Edited by MAJ_Fubar

23 minutes ago, MAJ_Fubar said:

So my question is: the Merkava Mk2, which version are we modeling here, the A or the B?  Also which engine are we looking at: the 908hp AVDS-1790-5AR or the modified 950hp AVDS-1790-6?  Gotta get this stuff right for the wiki you know.^_^

It is actually a basic Merkava 2 with a 1790-6A V-12 diesel engine and the Matador FCS. My question, does the Merkava 2 come with the LAHAT missile as a potential option ?

Edited by lavictoireestlavie