Rotareneg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Scrapper_511 said:

M270 MLRS listed under Artillery (non-crewable). Non-PE version only then?

Ssnake was Obviously using an older BETA or pro version for the screenies.

The M270 was a bit too buggy to be fixed for the release...

14 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Pretty sure its in a YouTube video (the Cobra / Apache one) already so why need screenshots too?

I thought the video only showed the T-55AM. Don't remember seeing anything on the playable T-55A.

Looking at new features...have IR searchlights been implemented in 4.0? I know it's low priority, just a personal wish list item I thought I'd ask about. 

Also, it was mentioned earlier that OPFOR can surrender now. Does the surrendering infantry stand up with raised hands? How does the player know they're surrendering?

Edited by Tread_Head57

Thanks for finally revealing the list! The updated HUMVEEs look great fully crewed; no more ghost-riders! BMP-2 is a great addition. Now I can reproduce my favorite Armored Fist scenarios. No, not really, but it'll be fun riding in them in some of my existing scenarios.

I'm surprised about the MLRS planned as an on-map asset. They'll be awesome to see on-map one day.

Okay...standing by for release.

Edited by Scrapper_511

Hi Guys

Searched this topic thread and the 'Calendar' without success.  I understand that Version 4 will be released in June 2016.  Since we are 2 week away from June - do we have a firm release date?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, CalAB said:

I'm speechless with everything that eSim is putting out for us.  Speechless and humbled.  Thanks for all the hard work gents, words aren't enough guys.

Yes, a big thank you to the team. As a trainer, SB probably doesn't need to look this good or have so many vehicles. It's why I continue to be a loyal, paying customer.

Again, those models are looking really awesome and same with the visual effects. Can't wait to try it all out.

• Members
6 hours ago, wolfstriked said:

I just have to ask knowing that this is not really important.Will the vehicles ever get a gearing system?

If this hasn't been answered already:

I at least have no desire to venture into that realm. I don't see that contributing anything to tactical training, or crew procedure training, and it only massively complicates everything.

• Members
3 hours ago, markh said:

Searched this topic thread and the 'Calendar' without success.  I understand that Version 4 will be released in June 2016.  Since we are 2 week away from June - do we have a firm release date?

No.

Most of the programmers are out of office at the moment. We had one week at the ITEC where we had to show the software to the visitors, and we need a few more days until everybody is back in the office. In the meantime the beta test has continued, but I haven't had the time to read through their findings. May very well be (hopefully, not, keeping fingers crossed) that the testers found new blocker bugs. There's at least one that absolutely has to be addressed, related to line of sight calculations, which are both functionally a centerpiece of the simulation as such, and performance critical at the same time (so we can't take shortcuts here).

At the same time we have a race against time as we have contractual obligations to meet certain other deadlines. That could mean that we have to concentrate on that new project and that we'd be forced to delay the release of 4.0 substantially. So, there clearly are a number of open issues that could swing one way or the other.

Hi Ssnake

Thank you for taking the time to respond, and for the detailed and candid response - it is very much appreciated.  Good luck with addressing the last pre-release issues.  I fully understand your other commercial issues.  Because of the nature of my work I have the second week of July off each year.  I am hoping to devote some of that time to the newly release Version 4 - so I have my fingers crossed for you and your team.  Thanks again for the amazing new levels of functionality you have introduced to this sim. 

Well...  I have to say at this point is that I'm happy. Things turned to be as I suspected would be reasonable and that is enough. :)

I'm insanely happy with bmp-2. At least for now. I wonder if I will love it as much as CV9030, time will show. And of course I'm very very happy with Patria AMV! :D Thank you Esim! 

My best friends is happy with t55 - he served in one. :) ...  and were both hoping that it would be modeled from inside as well...  though sadly being skeptic about that. though if it is....  I'm going to bough him update for birthday gift! 

I'm thinking that with 4.0 we are going to get lot of Cold war scenarios to play and to get sick of.

Thank you Esims for making this version :)

1 minute ago, Lumituisku said:

My best friends is happy with t55 - he served in one. :) ...  and were both hoping that it would be modeled from inside as well...  though sadly being skeptic about that. though if it is....  I'm going to bough him update for birthday gift! 

I'm thinking that with 4.0 we are going to get lot of Cold war scenarios to play and to get sick of.

Thank you Esims for making this version :)

working an video right now....