SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread

Rotareneg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure if this has been asked already, and if it has, I apologize for the repeat question. All the terrain looks like version 3.0. Are the pics just taken so that we can see the vehicles and it doesn't show the new terrain features? 

thanks,

Dep

4 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

That picture I posted, is from current version 3.028

Well 3.028 or 4.x the person who sits there doesn't change.

If your question is about is it modelled in 3.028, then a quick spin in the Mission Editor will provide the answer.

Sorry I assumed the question was 4.0 related given the thread its in. :)

Urgh..  

2 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Well 3.028 or 4.x the person who sits there doesn't change.

If your question is about is it modelled in 3.028, then a quick spin in the Mission Editor will provide the answer.

Sorry I assumed the question was 4.0 related given the thread its in. :)

I actually asked that about 4.0 - cause I was and still am curious if squad-leader is actually able to see front of vehicle. This can be handy in my campaign later on as Im planning to play grunts while letting others to play crews of AFVs. So I could sit in the squad leaders position and actually see what crew can see, and plan where grunts would get out and where to go etc.  As well as keeping track of current location. That's why I asked. :3 

12 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

That picture I posted, is from current version 3.028

Was related to post 

20 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

Not sure if this has been asked already, and if it has, I apologize for the repeat question. All the terrain looks like version 3.0. Are the pics just taken so that we can see the vehicles and it doesn't show the new terrain features? 

thanks,

Dep

not to think that I would be having access to 4.0 cause of that screenshot.

The Luchs is simply a work of art. I can see myself spending many hours in that thing!

And it has dismountable scouts! I had no idea... This may be the perfect recce vehicle.

Bipod on the MG3, nice. Also, the animation of the grunts lying on the ground with the spare MILAN rounds is awesome. Lingering smoke from the MILAN launch... Best update yet, thanks eSim!

And thanks for compiling the video Grenny :)

Edited by Panzer_Leader

I'm already thinking about my scenario after next thanks to all the options now available with 4.0 (I'm already working on one and have at least two more concepts in mind). Is there any chance a Beta tester can post a screenshot of the Sho't Kal in its woodland camouflage please?

What Rotarneg posted is what I mean with speed limits.I just find when a tank platoon is flying down a mountain that it could use a speed limiter modeled.Just wonder if this is something that could be easily remedied as its not super important.

Edited by wolfstriked
Spelling correction

22 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

Oh my oh my...   I love this! Grunts have got much needed love! THANK YOU ESIMS! 

The updates look good! Just need some first person functionality with riflemen so we can balance out the ground combat aspect. 

If ATGM teams can run, I wonder if HMG teams can do the same. 

Also, I've seen the MG3 in these videos - did any other LMGs get added? M240 or PKM?

7 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

Is this location modeled on Steelbeast. Also what is purpose of that location in the vehicle. I assume that there is 6 soldiers in the rear and seventh there, likely squad leader is this correct?

No, this one is not modeled. Seat behind driver is used by one of dismounts, not necessary by squad leader because his position, lets say, is "variable" in real life. In  SB SL rides in the troops compartment, at rear left seat.

7 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

No, this one is not modeled. Seat behind driver is used by one of dismounts, not necessary by squad leader because his position, lets say, is "variable" in real life. In  SB SL rides in the troops compartment, at rear left seat.

Thanks for resolving the clue Jartsev. Here 3 AM and before crashing to bed I dare to ask you: Is the driver position of the BMP-2 in 3D? The T-72s get driver 3D cockpit too?  (if any) Thanks x your patience!

Edited by Vikingo

7 minutes ago, Vikingo said:

Thanks for resolving the clue Jartsev. Here 3 AM and before crashing to bed I dare to ask you: Is the driver position of the BMP-2 in 3D? The T-72s get driver 3D cockpit too?  (if any) Thanks x your patience!

Yes, both vehicles got simplified unclickable 3D driver's positions accessible by player

Edited by Jartsev