SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread

Rotareneg

Just now, Jartsev said:

Yes, both vehicles got simplified unclickable 3D driver's positions.

Great! Thanks for all. Going to sleep with :D hope to dream with the simulator... btw thanks for the amazing BMP-2 video. In youtube I'm "Fercyful" using the hat and not the gas mask xD wrote something there ^_^

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

To the extent that 4.0 brings converted (low resolution) maps from previous releases, I don't know what miracles you expect. There's road leveling as a practical improvement, and the new engine allows us to do more stuff in the future. Right now it's more of a 1:1 replacement, but with growth potential (which the old engine didn't have).

See the official Marder video and some of the screenshots that I posted for an example of high resolution terrain. These images and videos whow the POTENTIAL of the new engine, it's just that we can't include these maps because they are not open source.

Now we get in Touch with the glory days of the Cold War. Thank you so much for this. It is not ordinary and normal for a Simualtor to go back in Weapons Tec for decades. 

Luchs and Marder and i feel back in my old Brigade in the forward Line with the mobile command of the Brigade Commander.

The Range with the new content also from the opposing side is amazing.

The Community can now build tons of Missions and campaigns with that new stuff and options.

Only Freaks and of course veterans (they include the Freakstatus as well) can imagine what happens with that Update.

Thanks for he work and also for everybody, who has the next Mission or Campaign just in their mind, wating to bring it in after the release.

7 minutes ago, Panzer_Leader said:

Does the four-dot sight and "MBS-RG" on the right-hand side of the graticule mean the Sho't Kal is modelled with the ranging machine gun? That's my understanding of the markings on the real vehicle.

Actually it does not have RMG, as probably a majority of  Sho't Kal MBTs; reticle is  for all upgunned Centurions, IMHO...

Are civilians still  walk / Stand only? How about childs, can those actually walk instead of constant running?

Very nice map objects! :3  and I like colors of vehicles too. 

What is that round thing at the front? Hopefully not a hut sunk into ground. 

2 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

Are civilians still  walk / Stand only? How about childs, can those actually walk instead of constant running?

They are fully capable of crawling/crouching/ running just like infantry units. Same for childs...

What is that round thing at the front? Hopefully not a hut sunk into ground. 

Yes, its a low hut sunken a bit to the  ground surface

10 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

Some new civvies and map objects ;)

SS_12_56_57.jpg

Looks like African type  bush buildings

Hope so, I am seriously considering making a bush war type scenario using the centurion and T-55.

Been awhile since I used the editor and with all the new features its going to take time to learn it all again

Hint somebody should make a video tutorial after the release

14 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

Actually it does not have RMG, as probably a majority of  Sho't Kal MBTs; reticle is  for all upgunned Centurions, IMHO...

OK, thanks. Estimate range and observe fall of shot it is then. I'm looking forward to trying my hand at it in the Cent'.

1 minute ago, Panzer_Leader said:

OK, thanks. Estimate range and observe fall of shot it is then. I'm looking forward to trying my hand at it in the Cent'.

Me too.

Looking forward to some Centurion v T-62/55 action.

Screw all that fire on the move hit first time high-tech stuff

Go old school and watch your ammo count drop. LoL

1 hour ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Tents are in the current version. Green and tan ones, as well as guard towers.

Where? Clicked trhough the whole Object list in 3.028 just to be sure...no guard tower, no tents?

41 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Where? Clicked trhough the whole Object list in 3.028 just to be sure...no guard tower, no tents?

"Terrastan" map may be? It have own set of custom objects including tents...

Edited by Jartsev