Rotareneg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

Para: I guess you are right. The immersion factor is what I miss. Even my old, outdated comp can handle the modern graphics. Plus there are strategic issues with not always being out in an open field all the time. I mean tank combat DOES occur in built up areas too. Or at least in village-sized battles. Side-scraping and ambushing just can't be done with SB Pro because there really is no "urban" environment. At least, we haven't seen any. Imagine infantry deploying into a town to clear it and running into a tank and calling for armored support. Would be pretty cool. :)

SS_19_14_40.png

SS_21_01_29.png

SS_08_44_07.png

SS_08_28_22.png

SS_03_17_38.png

SS_21_00_18.png

SS_04_10_43.png

SS_04_10_54.png

SS_04_11_05.png

Edited by Azure Lion

yeah but did you now how long it takes........contact..........smoke...........full backward............inf out.............find cover..................mount milan..........

better an Milan Team with an small vehicle instead using the Marder as Mothership without a mounted Milan

Ok so we have an A1 without coax on our back........

9 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Well you can still dismount the launcher (as long as you build the Platoon to reflect that).

Still it is not the full capability of the Marder:

Find AFV》back up》dismount atgm team》atgm team approach target》set up laucher》engage》pack up laucher》get back to Marder》mount ATGM team.

vs

Find AFV》back up》load a missle》engage》 carry on

I 30 seconds vs 5+minutes...mean your pace of operation gets slowed down significantly

32 minutes ago, StKpPzBrig18 said:

yeah but did you now how long it takes........contact..........smoke...........full backward............inf out.............find cover..................mount milan..........

better an Milan Team with an small vehicle instead using the Marder as Mothership without a mounted Milan

Ok so we have an A1 without coax on our back........

30 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Still it is not the full capability of the Marder:

Find AFV》back up》dismount atgm team》atgm team approach target》set up laucher》engage》pack up laucher》get back to Marder》mount ATGM team.

vs

Find AFV》back up》load a missle》engage》 carry on

I 30 seconds vs 5+minutes...mean your pace of operation gets slowed down significantly

Yes I know.

I was responding to the "no chance" comment.

Yes if you blunder into a tank you are unlikely to prevail.

If you detect the tank approaching you can at least setup an dismounted ATGM ambush.

Its still better than just plinking away with a MG.

Edited by Gibsonm

During testing, the now possible sprint and low-crawl of the ATGM teams makes it more effective as in 3.028.

Still it is mainly useable for defence scenarios...for attack/delay it just slows you down too much. Well, one more reason to practise tank-IFV coorperation

Edited by Grenny

3 hours ago, StKpPzBrig18 said:

IMHO the BMP2 fire the ATGM build in, so it is part of the IFV and the Marder use it as backup maybe that is difficult to bring in

About the only difference is the BMP 2 (& 1) you are under armour, the Milan on the Marder is exposed.

19 hours ago, Ssnake said:

We need to differentiate between terrain engine and terrain content. In addition, there are factors like sheer manpower, and total object count that must be considered. Now,

1. the terrain engine is capable of doing more with the ground itself than what we could show so far, mostly because we only have legacy maps based on DTED2 or DTED3 low resolution source data. Getting real life data can be prohibitively expensive, except for low-res stuff which is available for free at least from a number of selected sources.

What will the Map Editor coming with 4.0 allow you to do with older maps? Are there any things we have to watch out for if we want to continue to edit a map begun in an older version?

9 minutes ago, daskal said:

A Separate thread on the various 4.0 videos would be useful - its hard to keep track of changes/updates in this thread - especially that others have started posting 4.0 related videos as well apart from Nils.

The opening post has it all listed...exellent idea by the OP by the way!