Rotareneg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, RogueSnake79 said:

We implemented a system to randomize stowage layouts.   This will only be seen on some of the latest vehicle additions.   The M-60, M113 family, updated T-72's...   This happened pretty far down stream in this development cycle.   So not all of the newer vehicles take advantage of it.   But it is now a standard for all future vehicles(where applicable).    In the coming months/year, some older vehicles may, or may not receive this update.    

Although I think it is pretty self explanatory,  the purpose here is to combat the "clone army" effect.    So if you place a platoon of any of the above vehicles down on the map, all will have something different about them.   

And these stowage items are used on the armor models as well.   An example would be that, the spare road wheel will provide some standoff against a HEAT type warhead.   Packs and other soft stowage are not represented on the armor model, only things that might have a positive/negative ballistic effect.  This in of itself is not new, the fact that these type objects are random is.

This is a minor detail, but worth noting IMO.

Now that is interesting! ;)

41 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

yep... I was keeping this on the down low as I know how much flak I was and am going to take now... but this is just one of the many reasons I joined the Air Force over the other branches. But then, I didn't mind having the option of eating in an air-conditioned cafeteria each day, having clean PT uniforms with no permanent stains and an actual bed to go to every night.

Just wondering have we heard /seen all there is in 4.0 or is there more to come.

No problem if there isn't very happy with the update as it stands,

But I have a sneaking suspicion something is being held back

Not asking you reveal all today but I may need to replace my F5 button refresh refresh . LoL

2 hours ago, Marko said:

Just wondering have we heard /seen all there is in 4.0 or is there more to come.

No problem if there isn't very happy with the update as it stands,

But I have a sneaking suspicion something is being held back

Not asking you reveal all today but I may need to replace my F5 button refresh refresh . LoL

Arma 3 type future combat systems ?

14 minutes ago, ashdivay said:

Arma 3 type future combat systems ?

Speaking of ArmA - most of the vehicles/weapons in game are currently in use by armies, worldwide - Namur, Pandur, Patria, Merkava, Leopard, etc...they just have different names in ArmA. I estimate that this has something to do with paying military licensing for digital rights. 

But more on topic, ArmA 3 does a great job with 'Showcase' missions for new features that they implement. We may need something like that for 4.0, with all the new features and units that we're getting. New features like the 'surrender' option for units may only be something players see if they venture into the mission editor. I'm sure there are many folks, who dont follow the forums as closely, or make missions that could miss out on these features. 

41 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Speaking of ArmA - most of the vehicles/weapons in game are currently in use by armies, worldwide - Namur, Pandur, Patria, Merkava, Leopard, etc...they just have different names in ArmA. I estimate that this has something to do with paying military licensing for digital rights. 

But more on topic, ArmA 3 does a great job with 'Showcase' missions for new features that they implement. We may need something like that for 4.0, with all the new features and units that we're getting. New features like the 'surrender' option for units may only be something players see if they venture into the mission editor. I'm sure there are many folks, who dont follow the forums as closely, or make missions that could miss out on these features. 

Good point!!

8 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Grenny video with "German Infantry Love".

GLA firing smoke and HE.

MG3 on a tripod with a sight, firing on fixed lines.

The AFV family (without the Engineer tanks).

Wow! Tac197 will be in heaven. A SFMG for BG ANZAC's DFSW Pl! What else do eSim still have up their sleeve???

You guys are killing me with all of these videos. 4.0 looks ridiculously good. Playable M-60 and BMP-2, + weather effects, +crew members, + a million other little niceties! I can't wait to get my copy. Any recommended system specs at this point? 

3 minutes ago, GreenSmoke said:

You guys are killing me with all of these videos. 4.0 looks ridiculously good. Playable M-60 and BMP-2, + weather effects, +crew members, + a million other little niceties! I can't wait to get my copy. Any recommended system specs at this point? 

Suggest you read here:

Its only a couple of posts down from this one.