SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread

Rotareneg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyway, considering how much content and such coming out in 4.0, I can definitely see why you all have been busy for the past few years. Out of curiosity, how long have you all been working on all this for this new engine? Since 2.5 or earlier? I must admit that I am in awe and am very grateful for all your hard work, you have accomplished quite a feat! I also want to thank you for continuously updating Steel Beasts Pro PE while working on this major project. I'm almost curious as to how you will top this in 5.0 as I do not see a need to go to Steel Beasts III anytime within the near future. 4.0 might as well be the unofficial III with all these changes and updates. But I don't mind waiting, another surprise like this and my head might explode, and that's not a fun mess to clean up, especially if you don't have the mind to do it.

Thanks again for your phenomenal efforts. Now, excuse me while I go into cryo-stasis for a month (as I don't know when in June), this wait is torturous. (Like a kid with a huge sweet tooth that just got his chore money and arrive at the candy store with a huge window on the storefront with all kinds of delicious candy on display, only to find out it just closed for the day.)

5 hours ago, Vikingo said:

June so close :) and so far away :(

Step into my shoes. I deploy next week for 9+ months and it's unlikely ill have personal internet where I'm going. No 4.0 and with a 2yr old and another on the way, no playing time when I get back. :( 

1 hour ago, Tread_Head57 said:

Step into my shoes. I deploy next week for 9+ months and it's unlikely ill have personal internet where I'm going. No 4.0 and with a 2yr old and another on the way, no playing time when I get back. :( 

Stay safe man!

On the plus side: When you get back, maybe a patch is already applied to the bug/issues we had to live for the time :-)

• Members
2 hours ago, Azure Lion said:

Out of curiosity, how long have you all been working on all this for this new engine? Since 2.5 or earlier?

No. Al Delaney decided to retire in early 2012. We hired additional programmers more or less immediately and produced version 3.0 by end of the following year. The work on 4.0 more or less began on the release day of version 3.0, at least for some of the programmers (Miro in particular, since he's essentially in charge of the render engine and the terrain engine).

The changes that you see in 4.0 (aside from the particle system and the cold war era vehicles) are the sum of all developments that we made for our army customers in the last two and a half years.

2 hours ago, Tread_Head57 said:

Stay safe out there, thank you for helping to keep the world safer than it would otherwise and congratulations~!

2 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

No. Al Delaney decided to retire in early 2012. We hired additional programmers more or less immediately and produced version 3.0 by end of the following year. The work on 4.0 more or less began on the release day of version 3.0, at least for some of the programmers (Miro in particular, since he's essentially in charge of the render engine and the terrain engine).

The changes that you see in 4.0 (aside from the particle system and the cold war era vehicles) are the sum of all developments that we made for our army customers in the last two and a half years.

Wow, very nice for 2.5 years of work, most impressive. Huzzah for your army customers' requests~!... and financial backing. B|

Bet they stole a peek at the wish list too. xD

15 minutes ago, varyag said:

I'd really love to see the T-72B's different/upgraded fire control system in action! 

Isn't that here:

On 22/05/2016 at 6:37 PM, dejawolf said:

T-72M, M1, and B1 trying to fight off M60A3, and failing.

Edited by Gibsonm

3 hours ago, RogueSnake79 said:

We had a fight last night, at a Chinese farm.

Very nice screenshots, would love to see more, especially Israeli infantry.

I just commented on this mission in the Video Thread: