SB Pro PE 4.0 - Discussion thread

Rotareneg

• Members
17 hours ago, ghostdog688 said:

Thanks for he response. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but as there's no MG above the gunners hatch, what reason would we have to stand in the hatch instead of/alongsideĀ the TC, or is this really just an immersion thing?

im not complaining, just trying figure out how I will use this feature to my advantage in game.

Immersion only

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really hope we get hand grenades for the infantry in 4.0. I saw in grennys video that UGL is working which is nice, but in last nights fight my infantry was in desperate need of tosing a handgrenade over a small berm to clear out enemy infantry...

/KT

5 minutes ago, Kingtiger said:

I really hope we get hand grenades for the infantry in 4.0. I saw in grennys video that UGL is working which is nice, but in last nights fight my infantry was in desperate need of tosing a handgrenade over a small berm to clear out enemy infantry...

/KT

No handgrenades. But the UGL is a nice substitute for them too...

3 minutes ago, Kingtiger said:

Ah pitty. Indeed UGL is a nice substitute but not sutible when the enemy is on the other side of same berm. But I am happy with UGLs already, they will be a great improvement as most infantry fights in SB will have use of them.

No suitable IRL, but it works in SB :-P...good abstraction. You know the drill: 3..2..1...and now squint as hard as you can

Edited by Grenny

1 minute ago, Kingtiger said:

Looking forward to test the UGL in 4.0! Do the 40mm have any effect on smaller APC like BTR-80 and stuff (thinking combat mission where a few well hit 40mm can KO a BTR).

you can cause damage. but i think the modelled round is pure HE-frag and not DP-HEAT like our round currently in use IRL

1 hour ago, Kingtiger said:

/KT

Could've said the same thing lol

So the Platoon HQ in 4.0.

Ā 

I read somewhere that Ssnake wrote that it brings a medic that can revive infantry casualties, so that is nice (been missing that!)
what else do it do or bring? will having it killed affect troops in some way? Do it have FO capability? How big is the HQ section? (that can be adjusted in the force template?)Ā 

Ā 

I am so loving the infantry improvements coming in 4.0! <3Ā 

Ā 

/KT

5 hours ago, Kingtiger said:

Ah pitty. Indeed UGL is a nice substitute but not sutible when the enemy is on the other side of same berm. But I am happy with UGLs already, they will be a great improvement as most infantry fights in SB will have use of them.

I agree.Ā 

Ā 

I hope there has been improvements to how quicky and accurately the AI infantry can engage targets.

Ā 

The current system has some oddities, where I've watched opposing infantrymen lay a few meters from one another and fire an occasional wild round.

When i first started playing SB i have to say infantry did not interest me toĀ much,it was all about T V T combat

But i have to say with every update and the additional capability's of the infantry in gameĀ its certainly sparked my interest.

Ā 

Edited by Marko

1 hour ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

I agree.Ā 

Ā 

I hope there has been improvements to how quicky and accurately the AI infantry can engage targets.

Ā 

The current system has some oddities, where I've watched opposing infantrymen lay a few meters from one another and fire an occasional wild round.

Ā 

I would require that the AI-infantry act more like a team/squad: one element suppressing the enemy while to other(s) flank or get in grenade range.

Right now they are onyl effective in suppressing each other ...thats at least something, well kind off Ā¬Ā¬