Rotareneg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, ghostdog688 said:

how is the smoke generated? I know the Russian tanks change their fuel/air mix on older stuff, but wasn't sure if an actual chemical smoke generator would be perhaps better for the job as opposed to choking the engine up :)

The engine isn't choked Diesel is usually injected into the exhaust manifold, where it is vapourised, producing the smoke.

Its all external to the running of the engine, you lose a few liters from the main tanks but that's about it.

Edited by Hedgehog

2 hours ago, Stormin Norman said:

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I was talking about the smoke generators on M1IPs or M1A1 not graphically showing much smoke. I would presume because of GAME engine limitations of particle effects.

Ah so the smoke generators (i.e. additional smoke), not the smoke generated "normally" when poorly maintained engines are accelerating?

Edited by Gibsonm

19 minutes ago, wilso845 said:

I know that currently you can do smoke generation, but would be good if they could be used to conceal ones self.

Or provide a screen for troops etc...

That's what Artillery smoke missions are for.

Of if you want you can move in Echelon Left or Right and have the lead vehicle generate smoke to conceal those following.

Edited by Gibsonm
Include the quote it relates to.

3 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Ah so the smoke generators (i.e. additional smoke), not the smoke generated "normally" when poorly maintained engines are accelerating?

Yes, the smoke generator that comes from the tank engine. Usually, there is a switch in the drivers compartment to turn it on. I was asking if the smoke particle effects would be more pronounced like in real life, not like it is now presently in game.

I noticed smoke was enhanced in 4.0 for burning wrecks and wishfully thinking it would be for tank engine smoke generators, especially turbine ones.

On 6/19/2016 at 5:08 AM, TSe419E said:

Or a tank equipped with WP rounds from certain time periods.

Well if vehicle was equipped with it then it should have it in sim as well. Im pretty sure there was command for platoon to turn it on or off. But im not sure any more what version was that.. was it even PRO or old Steel BEasts?

Since we now have lot of vehicles from mid -late 20th century it would be cool to have those effects back in game: go to 1:20 for smoke effect.

1 minute ago, Marko said:

Guess I will have to wait a bit longer for my playable BMP-2and T-55.

No worry's I am sure it will be worth the wait.

but some more screen shots and videos will make the wait more bearable.:D

Sounds like an addiction problem :D

17 minutes ago, Zaphod said:

Sounds like an addiction problem :D

Your not far wrong.

I even sold my SB dongle so I would not have any distractions while I was finishing my course

And ended up buying a temp licence.

I will be setting up a SB anonymous soon after the release of 4.0.

I would set it up before hand but then I wouldn't get to use it. LoL

Edited by Marko