Rotareneg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Koen said:

Question: are all new 4.0 features known by now, OR ARE THERE STILL SOME SURPRISES ?

Just wondering ???

Well you can sort the AAR files by name or creation date.

Not really a 4.x "new feature" but someone at TGIF didn't realise that it had been available for years so I figured I could slip it in (cue Zaphod "joke") here as its probably under the radar for some. ;)

26 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Well you can sort the AAR files by name or creation date.

Not really a 4.x "new feature" but someone at TGIF didn't realise that it had been available for years so I figured I could slip it in (cue Zaphod "joke") here as its probably under the radar for some. ;)

You really cover your 6 lol :D

10 hours ago, Kingtiger said:

Can everybody please stop raising their own f*cking opionions regard the f*cking realase date? 
When I visit this thread I want to see discussions about the updates content and new stuff and fun stuff. Not a shitload of peoples opinion of release or not release and its pros and cons.

That is just MY opinion... (eat it)

/KT

Damn KIng Tiger...You beat me to the comment...Everybody should just cool there jets and wait for the release...

1 minute ago, delta6 said:

Damn KIng Tiger...You beat me to the comment...Everybody should just cool there jets and wait for the release...

Well what is worst for KT is more not being able to play with us next weekend than the release of 4.0 :)

50 minutes ago, mpow66m said:

I heard there might be tac nukes.but to add to the realism,if used they will fry your computer completly.:o

I think I heard something about zombie snakes in an apc or something... But that could have been from the voices in my head.

7 hours ago, Major duck said:

Zaphod i know your real name is rene is that the femaile version of it because you sure act like one you comment on every 3rd or 4th post and its nothing but hot air of no supstance at all.

So fez up are you a girl ? B|

I worry about your curiosity :P

• Members
5 hours ago, daskal said:

Any plans to bring in CROWS for the M1A2 SEP and have it as a separate vehicle (M1A2 SEP V2)?

We've never made it a habit to join speculations about our plans, and I'm not changing that today. :)

On 7/3/2016 at 5:48 AM, Kingtiger said:

Can everybody please stop raising their own f*cking opionions regard the f*cking realase date? 
When I visit this thread I want to see discussions about the updates content and new stuff and fun stuff. Not a shitload of peoples opinion of release or not release and its pros and cons.

That is just MY opinion... (eat it)

/KT

It'll be here when it gets here. No sooner. Next...

37 minutes ago, desertsaint101 said:

are there any insurgents with 1980's style man united shirts? as every one know it not an insurgent/guerrilla army with out at least one guy with a Ak variant and a 1980's style man-united shirt.

Better yet, "Fly Emirates"

Question 1) With the information offered on 4.0 it seems that when released it will have updated tank models, and in a further updates for 4.0 ; updated terrain.

So question is?  will these updated models still be rendered in the venerable DX9? or are there plans to move up to DX11 graphical rendering.

Question 2)   is there going to be introduction  of modern infantry? currently usa blueforce has infantry squads wearing M83 woodland Bdu , pasgat helmets, and armed with M16A2's.   Equipment of  80s - late 90s vintage.

Current infantry would have MICH or ADV  combat helmets, armed with M4 Carbines, wearing either ACU bdu or  Multicam Bdu

Edited by Kev2go

• Members

1) For now, DirectX 9 it is.

1a) That may change one day, and if so, we'll announce it when it's done. Who knows, we might skip DX11 and jump to 12 right away.

2) While there are going to be changes, to be honest, personally I find requests like this rather distracting (I concede though that it may be an important issue for you, and others). For me it appears as a superficial focus on looks. I'm interested in functional differences, and as far as camouflage patterns and small caliber rifles are concerned, I don't see one. There's a lot of people that will jump at the opportunity to provide uniform camo pattern mods, so you'll find them here at SteelBeasts.com for download. And as far as rifle models are concerned, all I can say is that while we may be adding the one or other model over time, there are by far too many models and variants out there to be added. Each model that we add to our artwork library incurs a maintenance penalty whenever we give the artwork a general facelift in future versions; for compatibility reasons we can't just abandon models, once that they have been introduced. We must be careful not to crush ourselves under the load of that maintenance burden.

37 minutes ago, Kev2go said:

currently usa blueforce has infantry squads wearing M83 woodland Bdu , pasgat helmets, and armed with M16A2's.   Equipment of  80s - late 90s vintage.

The ingame US force has two uniform sets. US, which uses the woodland pattern and uniform which you've described, and a "US 2000" which is the ACU uniform with the old Interceptor Body Armor. The side uniform can be assigned in the mission editor. 

Also, like Ssnake mentioned, some folks enjoy creating uniform modifications. For example, Splash has made an excellent Multicam mod: 

22 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

The ingame US force has two uniform sets. US, which uses the woodland pattern and uniform which you've described, and a "US 2000" which is the ACU uniform with the old Interceptor Body Armor. The side uniform can be assigned in the mission editor. 

Also, like Ssnake mentioned, some folks enjoy creating uniform modifications. For example, Splash has made an excellent Multicam mod: 

ahh thanks for claryfing. I had created a basic practice scenario in mission editor, and the Date was by defualt 2016, so the infantry team i selected. wore older gear that so i assumed the infantry that were represented were only of pre  year 2000. ALso thanks for linking the skin mod.

39 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

1) For now, DirectX 9 it is.

1a) That may change one day, and if so, we'll announce it when it's done. Who knows, we might skip DX11 and jump to 12 right away.

2) While there are going to be changes, to be honest, personally I find requests like this rather distracting (I concede though that it may be an important issue for you, and others). For me it appears as a superficial focus on looks. I'm interested in functional differences, and as far as camouflage patterns and small caliber rifles are concerned, I don't see one. There's a lot of people that will jump at the opportunity to provide uniform camo pattern mods, so you'll find them here at SteelBeasts.com for download. And as far as rifle models are concerned, all I can say is that while we may be adding the one or other model over time, there are by far too many models and variants out there to be added. Each model that we add to our artwork library incurs a maintenance penalty whenever we give the artwork a general facelift in future versions; for compatibility reasons we can't just abandon models, once that they have been introduced. We must be careful not to crush ourselves under the load of that maintenance burden.

Ok thanks for the answers, Sorry  point # 2 it was more a question than a request, and also I should say i overlooked the fact there was a Inf 2000 team with ACU camouflage.

Edited by Kev2go