• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

You do know you can copy routes?

Also you can set up independent waypoints and once a unit reaches the first one, they'll follow that route?

Yes I am aware of plotting and copying multiple routes in the planning phase.

But it would be much more effective if you could react to a developing situation such as an ambush

With a few clicks if a company command menu were available.

Edited by Marko

Hmm, another thing I noticed in some of the 4.0 videos I've seen uploaded: Time acceleration doesn't seem to be tied to frame rate anymore. Currently time acceleration is always FPS/10, so it maxes out at 6.3x (62.5 fps, rounded up) and goes down if your FPS drops, but in the 4.0 videos I've seen people getting 10x time acceleration while at 30 fps.

37 minutes ago, Marko said:

Yes I am aware of plotting and copying multiple routes in the planning phase.

But it would be much more effective if you could react to a developing situation such as an ambush

With a few clicks if a company command menu were available.

I just think it will be problematic.

"everyone turn 90 degrees left" wont always work (say that leads one of the platoons into a swamp or something).

But maybe that's more of a wish list thing than a Ver 4 discussion thing anyway (since the feature set for 4 is locked down by now).

2 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

I just think it will be problematic.

"everyone turn 90 degrees left" wont always work (say that leads one of the platoons into a swamp or something).

But maybe that's more of a wish list thing than a Ver 4 discussion thing anyway (since the feature set for 4 is locked down by now).

I will add it to the wish list.

I agree though it would require a lot of thought on how to implement a company command menu system.

But it would certainly make controlling your units a lot easier for the single player.

In the new 4.0 have the dev's removed the G2 from the M1A2 SEP???   PLEASE SAY YES!!!!  I checked out the 3rd ACR units and G troop is infantry..So please remove the shoot me here G2...

Edited by delta6

17 minutes ago, delta6 said:

In the new 4.9 have the dev's removed the G2 from the M1A2 SEP???   PLEASE SAY YES!!!!  I checked out the 3rd ACR units and G troop is infantry..So please remove the shoot me here G2...

Guessing that's another one best posted in the Wish List thread, since I'm pretty sure the feature set of 4.x is locked down now.

10 hours ago, delta6 said:

Yes it is a decal but if I remove it I have white boxes all over the tank...

Yes removing it is not the answer, making a blank one is. Open up the decal file in photoshop or any other program that handles alpha layers, go into alpha layer and paint it all black (or is it white? cant remember). That way the decal becomes invisible. So its there but you do not see it. 

or modify it so it shows for example A1 instead of G2 ? :)

/KT 

12 hours ago, Kingtiger said:

Yes removing it is not the answer, making a blank one is. Open up the decal file in photoshop or any other program that handles alpha layers, go into alpha layer and paint it all black (or is it white? cant remember). That way the decal becomes invisible. So its there but you do not see it. 

or modify it so it shows for example A1 instead of G2 ? :)

/KT 

I finally got into paint net and made the decal all black but when trying to save I am denied permission...What shall I try next???

• Members

I finally got into paint net and made the decal all black but when trying to save I am denied permission...What shall I try next???

Save it in a different location ... the mods folder (the SB user manual should tell you where to look).

If you're still having trouble with it, attached is a version of the decal without the "G2". Extract the .dds file and place it in the appropriate places:

Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\woodland\us

Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\desert\us

Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\winter\us

Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\autumn\us

M1A2abrams_decals_.7z

Edited by Rotareneg