• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, BigBadVuk said:

What are we waiting for?

Did i missed something ?

Quote from page one on this thread think its from Ssnake.

My pic post was only tongue in cheek.

If the update is ready for release great, if not no worry's it will make a nice Christmas present to my self. LoL 

4.0 release delayed, hopefully within 4 weeks (middle of July.)

"July release" could still happen in the first week of August. But by July 31st we will at least know whether the important issues that we're still fighting with have been addressed. If not, I'll call it off. And yes, the next chance would be in the range December '16 ... February '17.

i see you haven't learned the rule of steelbeasts-time. 

for all announcements made about release, multiply by 3. 

so e.g, if Esim announces release 1 months from set date, it will actually be 3 months. 

and so on and so forth.

by esim standards, being 2-3 months overdue isn't so bad.

original version of pro PE was a few years overdue.

Edited by dejawolf

8 hours ago, Marko said:

Thx! Yes i know about this piece of info ,however i simply opted to read it as nice way to say "Sry ppl December or even 2017. it is" :)

So i thought there is some new date announced by Neil which throws this schedule off track for some further delays ( Summer 2017 or later ).  

Apparently there are some BIG issues going on in engine code and rushing things wont help at all. I prefer stable release more then fancy looking one which will crash every 30 mins or overheat GPU etc. just to get few more playable vehicles. 

July hype is behind us, nothing happened. Now lets wait for winter in patience: no point in jumping around and poking SSnake with "when , when , when " posts....  Some things you cant rush. And one can hope that in the meanwhile more things will be added and more bugs squashed.

Only thing i could think of as reason to rush now when all deadlines are behind is some unforeseen financial difficulties which could threat the update or even whole sim. BUt i dont know how that could happen.

Nobody is asking to rush a release of a bugged or unstable software here.

It is up to E-simgames to decided wether the sim upgrade is ready to be released or not.

But since a news release data was announced for 31st July, you can surely anticipate some expectation to learn what it is going to happen.

:D "what is going to happen"...

NOTHING will happen, 31st is date as any other. I doubt that after so many weeks of delay suddenly some magical solution will be found in last moment - this is not Hollywood. 

Now dont get me wrong - i would love some Hollywood moments and downloadable 4.0 tomorrow, but... IM just saying that now in situation like this where it is not bad 3d model which makes problems but rather engine code, what is the point of pressing developers to move on with faulty release... It will end with unusable sim where different hot fixes are needed and with team which dont have time to spare. 

So better to postpone everything until there is enough time to start over. If that is 2017 - then so be it.

What do you mean nothing will happen?! I was totally hyped about the party at my cousin's place on the 31st, and now, to know nothing will happen on that date is a total bummer. :sadface:

I was kind of hoping to see the sun rise too...

OMG, it's like July 31st will cease to exist tomorrow! There is no tomorrow, only the day after!

Makes me feel bad for those who have a day off on Sunday... kind of.

Edited by Azure Lion

10 minutes ago, BigBadVuk said:

NOTHING will happen, 31st is date as any other. I doubt that after so many weeks of delay suddenly some magical solution will be found in last moment - this is not Hollywood. 

Now dont get me wrong - i would love some Hollywood moments and downloadable 4.0 tomorrow, but... IM just saying that now in situation like this where it is not bad 3d model which makes problems but rather engine code, what is the point of pressing developers to move on with faulty release... It will end with unusable sim where different hot fixes are needed and with team which dont have time to spare. 

So better to postpone everything until there is enough time to start over. If that is 2017 - then so be it.

Ah, the reverse psychology method of dealing with anticipation, good choice! :P

55 minutes ago, Furia said:

Nobody is asking to rush a release of a bugged or unstable software here.

It is up to E-simgames to decided wether the sim upgrade is ready to be released or not.

But since a news release data was announced for 31st July, you can surely anticipate some expectation to learn what it is going to happen.

18 minutes ago, BigBadVuk said:

I agree there would be no point releasing the update if its just not working properly,

I don't see anybody hassling esim or demanding they release it now.

But an update as to whether it will be December or not before they release it Is not an unreasonable request.

delays seem to be inevitable in software development even a lay person like me accepts that.

I am sure the whole esim team have put blood sweet and tears in to the project.

Edited by Marko