• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Maj.Hans said:

What the f*** did I just watch?

Then again...

Apparently, in the new PC German army, women belong in the loader's station...

..., if she's able to do the job...she does the job.

Whats your point?

9 minutes ago, Grenny said:

..., if she's able to do the job...she does the job.

Whats your point?

She's clearly able to do the job.  I still think it's a valid question to ask, is she the best person for that job?

I'm just under 2 meters tall.  Am I the best person to cram into a T72 gunner's seat?

If I were told "You go command that Leopard!" as soon as I dropped into the turret and saw my loader, I'd probably wonder to myself...

'Wonder if my driver's got strong arms?'

ETA: I'm bowing out of the discussion at this point.  I agree that, clearly, since she's got the job, she's able to at least meet the minimum standards for it, and that's clearly good enough or else the minimum standards would be higher.

Edited by Maj.Hans

7 minutes ago, Maj.Hans said:

She's clearly able to do the job.  I still think it's a valid question to ask, is she the best person for that job?

I'm just under 2 meters tall.  Am I the best person to cram into a T72 gunner's seat?

If I were told "You go command that Leopard!" as soon as I dropped into the turret and saw my loader, I'd probably wonder to myself...

'Wonder if my driver's got strong arms?'

ETA: I'm bowing out of the discussion at this point.  I agree that, clearly, since she's got the job, she's able to at least meet the minimum standards for it, and that's clearly good enough or else the minimum standards would be higher.

If there had been a better applicant...he/she would do the job. It's not exactly that people are lining up do get a loaders job ...or any army job for that matter  :-(

In fact nowadays you need to fullfill 2 criteria: you need to have a pulse and a german passport....

Edited by Grenny

4 hours ago, Grenny said:

If there had been a better applicant...he/she would do the job. It's not exactly that people are lining up do get a loaders job ...or any army job for that matter  :-(

In fact nowadays you need to fullfill 2 criteria: you need to have a pulse and a german passport....

Is it true the DE Army is union?

46 minutes ago, haraldhe said:

Stick to the subject please!! It is July 31, What is it gonna be SSNAKE ?! RELEASE 4.0 YES OR NO in AUGUST 2016???????????????????????????????

To be or not to be........ an august release :-)

Its nailbiting and even on beta test front  one can't make a prediction :-(

Standard deviation, aka, the bell curve. Sure, in general women tend to be physically weaker than men, but that is only in general. I have a few female friends that a lot of guys wouldn't want to tangle with in a fight. Also, I will take a person with the right mindset and intellect over physical ability any day.

49 minutes ago, Grenny said:

To be or not to be........ an august release :-)

Its nailbiting and even on beta test front  one can't make a prediction :-(

That is sad :| but at least you can enjoy BMP2 and other toys. Positive way of see things ;)

2 minutes ago, Vikingo said:

That is sad :| but at least you can enjoy BMP2 and other toys. Positive way of see things ;)

Well, I really love SB for its MP games...so there not much you can do with the BMP-2 if you have to play alone :-/

3 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Well, I really love SB for its MP games...so there not much you can do with the BMP-2 if you have to play alone :-/

Got it :| So... lets still hope for some news when SSnake go to the office on Monday or something like that...

• Members

Unless I have overlooked an important item (or misjudged the importance of reports submitted over the weekend) I think that we're ready to release 4.0 in the coming days. I'm currently preparing the release notes ... some 50+ pages ... and I think that we should definitely wait for the final verdict of the team on Tuesday. But it would be a real surprise if we don't greenlight the thing.

There's still work to do. The installer must be built, it must be uploaded, the torrent seed must be created, the web shop updated, etc. --- so, I think that it'll be Wednesday at the earliest, probably Thursday before everything is ready. But you should have good chances to have everything set up for the coming weekend. :)